Unable to install a downloaded zip package in octave

Unable to install a downloaded zip package in octave

suneha
I am a complete beginner for octave.
I have installed octave 4.2.1 in Windows 7.

I want to install a package(GLCM_Features4) that I have downloaded from this
link:
https://in.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/22187-glcm-texture-features

It is a zip file.
I tried : >> pkg install GLCM_Features4
But I got the following error message:
unpack: FILETYPE must be "gunzip" for a directory
error: called from
    unpack at line 122 column 7
    untar at line 47 column 5
    install at line 81 column 9
    pkg at line 394 column 9

I have tried googling it. I couldn't find an answer anywhere.
Can anyone help me out here?
Thanks in advance

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: Unable to install a downloaded zip package in octave

Mike Miller-4
On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 01:23:37 -0700, suneha wrote:

> I am a complete beginner for octave.
> I have installed octave 4.2.1 in Windows 7.
>
> I want to install a package(GLCM_Features4) that I have downloaded from this
> link:
> https://in.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/22187-glcm-texture-features
>
> It is a zip file.
> I tried : >> pkg install GLCM_Features4
> But I got the following error message:
> unpack: FILETYPE must be "gunzip" for a directory
> error: called from
>     unpack at line 122 column 7
>     untar at line 47 column 5
>     install at line 81 column 9
>     pkg at line 394 column 9
>
> I have tried googling it. I couldn't find an answer anywhere.
> Can anyone help me out here?
The pkg command is only meant to be used with a specific packaging
format defined by the Octave community.

It is not going to work with any arbitrary zip or tar archive that you
try to use it on.

What you probably want to do instead is just unzip the archive and call
addpath.