Variables across publish sections not recognized

Variables across publish sections not recognized

Michael Suchoff
I get an undefined error after using "a" in section 2.
I'm pretty sure MATLAB doesn't have this problem.
using global declaration for a doesn't fix this.
If I change the ## to #, works OK.

tested in 4.4.1 windows release

## Section 1

a = 1;

## Section 2

b = a;

error: 'a' undefined near.....

Re: Variables across publish sections not recognized

siko1056
On Fri, Jan 18, 2019 at 7:32 PM Michael Suchoff <[hidden email]> wrote:
I get an undefined error after using "a" in section 2.
I'm pretty sure MATLAB doesn't have this problem.
using global declaration for a doesn't fix this.
If I change the ## to #, works OK.

tested in 4.4.1 windows release

## Section 1

a = 1;

## Section 2

b = a;

error: 'a' undefined near.....

Confirmed. This will soon be fixed with the coming Octave 5.0 release.  To get the fix now, see comment #1 in

Best,
Kai