Wants feedback for my GSoC proposal as well as mentor for Command Line Suggestion Feature.

Wants feedback for my GSoC proposal as well as mentor for Command Line Suggestion Feature.

Dildar Sk
Hello Octave community,
I want to discuss my idea reagrding command line suggestion feature project
http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas#Command_line_suggestion_feature
<http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas#Command_line_suggestion_feature>
I am going to use trie and hash data structure for checking presence of a
keyword.I will try my best to keep the
hash constant time complex i.e O(1).
I will also use maximum error distance for giving recommendations.
MATLAB has:
1.giving suggestion(did you mean? '     ') when user types a spelling
mistake.
2.Giving a pop-up for auto-completition and one can scroll that and choose
one.
Octave use readline library but it has no such pop-up facility.

But Octave has none of the above two features.
I will try to implement both of them in this feature,actually it will be
like more or less
to make it more look like MATLAB.Later,I will also use machine learning on
it for giving
suggestions.
In this short scope I can't discuss all details neither it secure.And one
more thing,this project
has no mentor yet.If anyone wants to discuss about this project and it's
implementation in depth
please don't hesitate to mail me from this mailing list.I have already
drafted my idea.\
My IRC nick is hodor123456.

Re: Wants feedback for my GSoC proposal as well as mentor for Command Line Suggestion Feature.

Jack GNU
"MATLAB has:
1.giving suggestion(did you mean? '     ') when user types a spelling
mistake.
2.Giving a pop-up for auto-completition and one can scroll that and choose
one.
Octave use readline library but it has no such pop-up facility.

But Octave has none of the above two features.
I will try to implement both of them in this feature,actually it will be
like more or less"

certainly the idea is very good for every Octave users.

"I will try my best to keep the hash constant time complex i.e O(1). "
do you think you can do that?whatever,send me your draft proposal.

Re: Wants feedback for my GSoC proposal as well as mentor for Command Line Suggestion Feature.

nrjank
On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 11:07 AM, Jack GNU <[hidden email]> wrote:
"MATLAB has:

When it was initially discussed some time ago, I think one of the nice things about this project was that it is a UI feature, and refreshingly needs not worry about limiting itself to what Matlab currently does.  I would recommend part 1 of the project (or proposal) being at least a little survey of 'what do other software programs/coding environments (especially license compatible open source programs with code-sharing potential) do', and are there any other worthwhile features or approaches worth considering?

Nick J.

Re: Wants feedback for my GSoC proposal as well as mentor for Command Line Suggestion Feature.

Dildar Sk
Update:
I have already implemented the raw version of command line suggestion
feature project.
I tried this on Octave's every symbols(keywords,built-ins) i.e almost 2k
words and it was working perfectly fine.
So,it will be easy to complete the UI feature and other things(Milestones of
GSoC) during GSoC weeks.

But this project still has no mentor assigned.Please,Octave community have a
look at this.
What if mentor is not assigned before 27th march,will I be automatically
rejected or it's upto 23 April?