What can I do?

Jodh Singh
Hi, my name is Jodh Singh.
I am a newcomer to open source projects and would like to work on some minor bug fixes, if there are any. Please help me out. Thank You.

Re: What can I do?

siko1056
Jodh Singh wrote
Hi, my name is Jodh Singh.
I am a newcomer to open source projects and would like to work on some
minor bug fixes, if there are any. Please help me out. Thank You.
Hello Jodh Singh,

You might take a look at the Octave bug tracker [1]. I cannot give you useful pointers to "minor" bugs without looking at the reports myself. There are some filters available you might try as well.

Another idea to start is to work on functions of Octave you are interested in. If you struggle, this mailing list is willing to help you.

Best,
Kai

[1]: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?group=octave

Re: What can I do?

NJank
If you look at wiki.octave.org, I believe there are a couple pages you could search for  regarding short projects, etc.also, the buglist Lachlan was working through for the 4.2.0 release should still be up there.
Getting started will dependva bit on you current familiarity with Octave and the coding/compiling of Octave.

Nick J

Jodh Singh wrote