What does activate mean?

keith
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: What does activate mean?

Sahil
Hi Keith

I was unable to reproduce the issue. Could you explain a bit more by sending
a screenshot or something?

Sahil

Re: What does activate mean?

keith
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: What does activate mean?

Shadders

Hi Keith,

The message is when you hover over a file. The word activate means double click (if that is your preference settings, could be single click) to open the file you are hovering over.

If you right hand mouse button click, you are presented options.

Regards,

Richard.

On 03/08/18 09:23, [hidden email] wrote:
So the questions are: what does "activate" mean?   And how do I activate?

I was unable to reproduce the issue. Could you explain a bit more by sending
a screenshot or something?

Sahil

Re: What does activate mean?

nrjank

On Fri, Aug 3, 2018, 08:33 <[hidden email]> wrote:
So the questions are: what does "activate" mean?   And how do I activate?

Ok, you're running the 4.0.0 GUI. And you're referring to an unclear tooltip that seems to mean "double click or hit enter to open this file in the editor, right click for other options"

Does anyone know if this is still the tooltip in 4.4.0? A lot of code has changed since this version was released.

So the answer is ignore it and we recommend upgrading.

Re: What does activate mean?

Mike Miller-4
On Fri, Aug 03, 2018 at 18:48:04 -0400, Nicholas Jankowski wrote:
> Does anyone know if this is still the tooltip in 4.4.0? A lot of code has
> changed since this version was released.

In a fairly recent change [1], the tooltip text was changed to

  "Double click to open file/folder, right click for alternatives"

This will be included in Octave 5.

[1]: https://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/ce725103ebf1