What is the status of the odepkg at octave forge?

What is the status of the odepkg at octave forge?

Doug Stewart-4
I tried
pkg install -forge odepkg

and got lots of errors.

I am on ubuntu and
hg id
b7da08507fae tip @

DASCertificate for 206392

Re: What is the status of the odepkg at octave forge?

Sebastian Schöps
Doug Stewart-4 wrote
I tried
pkg install -forge odepkg

and got lots of errors.

I am on ubuntu and
hg id
b7da08507fae tip @
It's under developed at https://bitbucket.org/odepkg/odepkg.

Seb.

Re: What is the status of the odepkg at octave forge?

Olaf Till-2
On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 02:04:55PM -0800, Sebastian Schöps wrote:

> Doug Stewart-4 wrote
> > I tried
> > pkg install -forge odepkg
> >
> > and got lots of errors.
> >
> > I am on ubuntu and
> > hg id
> > b7da08507fae tip @
>
> It's under developed at https://bitbucket.org/odepkg/odepkg.
But it is also listed at Octave Forge. From the perspective of
usability at Octave Forge, it appears to be unmaintained. The last
release (5/2015?) does not seem to be usable (segfaults with -4.0.0,
doesn't compile with -4.2.1 at my machine).

Olaf

Re: What is the status of the odepkg at octave forge?

Carlo de Falco-2

> On 8 Mar 2017, at 10:31, Olaf Till <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> But it is also listed at Octave Forge. From the perspective of
> usability at Octave Forge, it appears to be unmaintained. The last
> release (5/2015?) does not seem to be usable (segfaults with -4.0.0,
> doesn't compile with -4.2.1 at my machine).

It is maintained and under active development, but there is no release yet.
If you would like to contribute, you are welcome.

> Olaf

c.

Re: What is the status of the odepkg at octave forge?

Jacopo Corno

Il 08/03/2017 10:31, Olaf Till ha scritto:

> On Tue, Mar 07, 2017 at 02:04:55PM -0800, Sebastian Schöps wrote:
>> Doug Stewart-4 wrote
>>> I tried
>>> pkg install -forge odepkg
>>>
>>> and got lots of errors.
>>>
>>> I am on ubuntu and
>>> hg id
>>> b7da08507fae tip @
>> It's under developed at https://bitbucket.org/odepkg/odepkg.
> But it is also listed at Octave Forge. From the perspective of
> usability at Octave Forge, it appears to be unmaintained. The last
> release (5/2015?) does not seem to be usable (segfaults with -4.0.0,
> doesn't compile with -4.2.1 at my machine).
I think what Sebastian was meaning is that, although we were not yet
able to make an official new release (which will be on forge), the
development version on bitbucket can be cloned and installed and should
be 4.2 compatible...

We will try to move to forge and release as soon as we have some time.

Jacopo

--
Jacopo Corno M.Sc.
Technische Universität Darmstadt

Office: S4|10-232
Phone: +49 6151 16 - 24414
Email: [hidden email]

Re: What is the status of the odepkg at octave forge?

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2

I guess a code sprint during OctConf is the ideal time.

Re: What is the status of the odepkg at octave forge?

Carlo de Falco-2

> On 8 Mar 2017, at 16:33, Juan Pablo Carbajal <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I guess a code sprint during OctConf is the ideal time.
except that neither Jacopo nor Sebastian will be at OctConf ...
c.

Re: What is the status of the odepkg at octave forge?

Nir Krakauer-3
I created a Wiki page for the package [1], so that maintainers can update its status there and hopefully not have to answer many inquiries and bug reports.

[1] http://wiki.octave.org/Odepkg

Re: What is the status of the odepkg at octave forge?

Carlo de Falco-2

> On 18 Oct 2017, at 20:08, Nir Krakauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I created a Wiki page for the package [1], so that maintainers can update its status there and hopefully not have to answer many inquiries and bug reports.

The version in the current development repository does have a few known issues:

 1 - doc format manual does not show properly
 2 - some tests for DAE solvers fail due to unimplemented options

but I think it would make sense to make a release out of it right now anyway,
because installing 0.8.5 in Octave 4.2 is a really bad idea and we cannot mark
it as incompatible with newer Octave versions.

We could mark failing tests as xfail to prevent useless reports.

What do you think?

c.

Re: What is the status of the odepkg at octave forge?

Nir Krakauer-3
I agree with putting out a new release. And if you want, you can keep an issues / TODO / help wanted list on the Wiki page.