Where is apporiate place in Wiki to write tips for octave on WSL(Windows Subsystem for Linux)

Where is apporiate place in Wiki to write tips for octave on WSL(Windows Subsystem for Linux)

tmacchant
I found some tips for setting X-server etcs. for octave
on WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) related to the below

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?55582

I would like this tips on octave wiki.
However I cannot judge where is appropriate place.
Octave for windows?
Octave for GNU/Linux?

Please give me some advises.

Tatsuro

Re: Where is apporiate place in Wiki to write tips for octave on WSL(Windows Subsystem for Linux)

siko1056
On Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 08:24 Tatsuro MATSUOKA <[hidden email] wrote:
I found some tips for setting X-server etcs. for octave
on WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) related to the below

https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?55582

I would like this tips on octave wiki.
However I cannot judge where is appropriate place.
Octave for windows?
Octave for GNU/Linux?

Please give me some advises.

Tatsuro

In general it is a wiki: a sandbox with version control.  Any registered user can always alter the location of your contribution if it fits better at some other page later or delete it entirely when outdated.  So I would not try to be too perfect at the beginning ;-)

If you are uncertain between those two, maybe start a completely new page and link from both pages to your new one. If the WSL information turns out to be redundant with GNU Linux for example, you can merge them later at any time.

Best,
Kai

Re: Re: Where is apporiate place in Wiki to write tips for octave on WSL(Windows Subsystem for Linux)

tmacchant

--- k.ohlhus

> On Sun, 10 Feb 2019, 08:24 Tatsuro MATSUOKA <[hidden email] wrote:
> I found some tips for setting X-server etcs. for octave
> on WSL (Windows Subsystem for Linux) related to the below
>
> https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?55582
>

> I would like this tips on octave wiki.
> However I cannot judge where is appropriate place.
> Octave for windows?
> Octave for GNU/Linux?
>
> Please give me some advises.
>
> Tatsuro
>
> In general it is a wiki: a sandbox with version control.  Any registered user can always alter the location of your contribution if it fits better at some other page later or delete it entirely when outdated.  So I would not try to be too perfect at the beginning ;-)
>
> If you are uncertain between those two, maybe start a completely new page and link from both pages to your new one. If the WSL information turns out to be redundant with GNU Linux for example, you can merge them later at any time.
>
> Best,
> Kai

Thanks  kai.
 I will  open a new page.