Which package to install?

Roya Furmuly

Hello,

I am very new to Octave.  I would like to download the appropriate package to be able to do multivariable calculus 3D plots.  Can you please help me decide which package to download?

Thank you!

Roya

Re: Which package to install?

Doug Stewart-4

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 4:50 PM Roya Furmuly <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I am very new to Octave.  I would like to download the appropriate package to be able to do multivariable calculus 3D plots.  Can you please help me decide which package to download?

Thank you!

Roya

Can you describe with more detail what you want to do?

I can do 3d plots but I am not sure what you are doing.

--
DASCertificate for 206392

Re: Which package to install?

Roya Furmuly
I will be teaching a multivariable calculus course and want to show some visuals. I would like to be able to graph functions of two variables and parametric curves.  Our school license of Mathematica has expired so I’m looking to see if there is free software I can use.

Thank you,
Roya Furmuly

On Sat, Feb 9, 2019 at 8:07 PM Roya Furmuly <[hidden email]> wrote:
I will be teaching a multivariable calculus course and want to show some visuals. I would like to be able to graph functions of two variables and parametric curves.  Our school license of Mathematica has expired so I’m looking to see if there is free software I can use.

Thank you,
Roya Furmuly

Give me an example formula and I will plot it for you.

On Feb 9, 2019, at 4:44 PM, Doug Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:

On Fri, Feb 8, 2019 at 4:50 PM Roya Furmuly <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hello,

I am very new to Octave.  I would like to download the appropriate package to be able to do multivariable calculus 3D plots.  Can you please help me decide which package to download?

Thank you!

Roya

Can you describe with more detail what you want to do?

I can do 3d plots but I am not sure what you are doing.

--
DASCertificate for 206392

--
DASCertificate for 206392

Re: Which package to install?

Andreas Weber-6
Am 08.02.19 um 07:11 schrieb Roya Furmuly:
> package to be able to do multivariable calculus 3D plots.  Can you
> please help me decide which package to download?

You don't need additional packages to do 3D plots, see
https://josoansi.de/octave_plot_compare/qt/sombrero_01.png
as example.

-- Andy