Writing to a Google Sheet

gciriani
I need to write the output of some calculation in a Google Sheet. I haven't
found anything in Octave, and found  matlab2sheets
<https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/59359-matlab-to-google-sheets-matlab2sheets>
in the Matlab help forum. I believe the  code is described here
<https://github.com/abogaard/matlab2gsheets/blob/master/mat2sheets.m>  . I
would like to know if anybody using Octave has successfully used this code,
if there is something similar just for Octave, and where the RunOnce()
function described in the links above can be found.

-----
Giovanni Ciriani - Windows 10, Octave 4.2.1, configured for x86_64-w64-mingw32

Giovanni Ciriani - Windows 10, Octave 4.2.1, configured for x86_64-w64-mingw32

Re: Writing to a Google Sheet

PhilipNienhuis
gciriani wrote

> I need to write the output of some calculation in a Google Sheet. I
> haven't
> found anything in Octave, and found  matlab2sheets
> &lt;https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/59359-matlab-to-google-sheets-matlab2sheets&gt;
> in the Matlab help forum. I believe the  code is described here
> &lt;https://github.com/abogaard/matlab2gsheets/blob/master/mat2sheets.m&gt;
> . I
> would like to know if anybody using Octave has successfully used this
> code,
> if there is something similar just for Octave, and where the RunOnce()
> function described in the links above can be found.

I haven't run this, but it looks interesting to get something similar into
the io package. AFAICT there's nothing similar in Octave or Octave-Forge.

The RunOnce() function doesn't exist in Matlab (just checked with 2019a
perelease) so you need to find that yourself, maybe somewhere else in
MatlanCentral ?

Philip

Re: Writing to a Google Sheet

apjanke-floss

On 1/1/19 7:08 AM, PhilipNienhuis wrote:

> gciriani wrote
>> I need to write the output of some calculation in a Google Sheet. I
>> haven't
>> found anything in Octave, and found  matlab2sheets
>> &lt;https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/59359-matlab-to-google-sheets-matlab2sheets&gt;
>> in the Matlab help forum. I believe the  code is described here
>> &lt;https://github.com/abogaard/matlab2gsheets/blob/master/mat2sheets.m&gt;
>> . I
>> would like to know if anybody using Octave has successfully used this
>> code,
>> if there is something similar just for Octave, and where the RunOnce()
>> function described in the links above can be found.
>
> I haven't run this, but it looks interesting to get something similar into
> the io package. AFAICT there's nothing similar in Octave or Octave-Forge.
>
> The RunOnce() function doesn't exist in Matlab (just checked with 2019a
> perelease) so you need to find that yourself, maybe somewhere else in
> MatlanCentral ?
>
> Philip

RunOnce.m is included in the matlab2sheets download zip file and the
matlab2gsheets GitHub repo. Just download the whole thing from File
Exchange and you'll have it.

https://www.mathworks.com/matlabcentral/fileexchange/59359-matlab-to-google-sheets-matlab2sheets

Cheers,
Andrew