bioinfo package

Alois Schloegl-7
Dear octave maintainers,

the bioinfo package is currently unmaintained [1]. Nevertheless, i've
added the functions fastaread, fastqread and graphtraverse in the
repository, and I'd like to prepare a new release (v0.2.0).

Cheers,
  Alois

[1] https://octave.sourceforge.io/packages.php#unmaintained

Re: [octave-forge] bioinfo package (previous reasons to set it to unmaintained?)

Olaf Till-2
On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 10:23:15PM +0100, Alois Schloegl wrote:
> Dear octave maintainers,
>
> the bioinfo package is currently unmaintained [1]. Nevertheless, i've
> added the functions fastaread, fastqread and graphtraverse in the
> repository, and I'd like to prepare a new release (v0.2.0).
>
> Cheers,
>   Alois

Again, nice to produce a release of this. Some remarks are at the tracker:

https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/322/

Does anybody remember if there was a specific reason to set this
package to unmaintained, except the long time without commits? The
last commit before Alois' was 2013, but AFAICS the package should
still have worked more or less...

Olaf

Re: [octave-forge] bioinfo package (previous reasons to set it to unmaintained?)

Carnë Draug
On 14 December 2017 at 20:03, Olaf Till <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 10:23:15PM +0100, Alois Schloegl wrote:
>> Dear octave maintainers,
>>
>> the bioinfo package is currently unmaintained [1]. Nevertheless, i've
>> added the functions fastaread, fastqread and graphtraverse in the
>> repository, and I'd like to prepare a new release (v0.2.0).
>>
>> Cheers,
>>   Alois
>
> Again, nice to produce a release of this. Some remarks are at the tracker:
>
> https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/322/
>

> Does anybody remember if there was a specific reason to set this
> package to unmaintained, except the long time without commits? The
> last commit before Alois' was 2013, but AFAICS the package should
> still have worked more or less...

No specific reason other than having no maintainer.  I had contacted
Bill Denney in 2011, the list package maintainer, who requested to be
removed has maintainer.

Marking bioinfo as unmaintained was proposed in 2014 [1] and no one
spoke against that one.  Also, the last commit may had been in 2013
but the last release had been in 2009.

Carnë

[1] http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/octave-maintainers/2014-01/msg00177.html

On Thu, Dec 14, 2017 at 08:57:31PM +0000, Carnë Draug wrote:

> On 14 December 2017 at 20:03, Olaf Till <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > On Wed, Dec 13, 2017 at 10:23:15PM +0100, Alois Schloegl wrote:
> >> Dear octave maintainers,
> >>
> >> the bioinfo package is currently unmaintained [1]. Nevertheless, i've
> >> added the functions fastaread, fastqread and graphtraverse in the
> >> repository, and I'd like to prepare a new release (v0.2.0).
> >>
> >> Cheers,
> >>   Alois
> >
> > Again, nice to produce a release of this. Some remarks are at the tracker:
> >
> > https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/package-releases/322/
> >

> > Does anybody remember if there was a specific reason to set this
> > package to unmaintained, except the long time without commits? The
> > last commit before Alois' was 2013, but AFAICS the package should
> > still have worked more or less...
> >

> No specific reason other than having no maintainer.  I had contacted
> Bill Denney in 2011, the list package maintainer, who requested to be
> removed has maintainer.
>
> Marking bioinfo as unmaintained was proposed in 2014 [1] and no one
> spoke against that one.  Also, the last commit may had been in 2013
> but the last release had been in 2009.
Thanks, so it seems a new release would be ok.

Olaf