bugfix question - multidimensional empty array and Matlab compatibility

bugfix question - multidimensional empty array and Matlab compatibility

NJank
one of the tests in std is there to handle an empty array with dimension larger than two. the last comment on that bug tracker gives a few examples of odd Matlab output from different forms of multidimensional empties, and that the old test no longer matches Matlab output.

looking for comment on how much of that I should try to cover in the patches for those statistics functions? handling procedure is almost identical for the different functions, so once code to catch the cases is written I can copy/paste to the others easily enough.

Nick J.