buildbot

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

buildbot

John W. Eaton
Administrator
The old buildbot is dead.  Long live the new buildbot!

I shut down the old buildbot and the new one is now available at

   http://buildbot.octave.org:8010

With my browser, I noticed that sometimes the waterfall display doesn't
show all the builds (there should be 27 now).  Visiting the settings
link and increasing the "lazy load limit" parameter for the waterfall
display seemed to fix that for me.  I used a value of 400 but I didn't
do much experimenting so I'm not sure a number that large is really needed.

jwe

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: buildbot

Daniel Sebald
On 07/13/2018 12:04 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:

> The old buildbot is dead.  Long live the new buildbot!
>
> I shut down the old buildbot and the new one is now available at
>
>    http://buildbot.octave.org:8010
>
> With my browser, I noticed that sometimes the waterfall display doesn't
> show all the builds (there should be 27 now).  Visiting the settings
> link and increasing the "lazy load limit" parameter for the waterfall
> display seemed to fix that for me.  I used a value of 400 but I didn't
> do much experimenting so I'm not sure a number that large is really needed.
>
> jwe
>

Nice.

The waterfall display.  What I had noticed is that initially there were
not 27 shown, but as I moved the slidebar down and more data appeared,
suddenly the 27 appeared.  Perhaps there was limited data for the builds
of the first few times.  Anyway, one issue is that so space is occupied
by the waterfall as the slider moves that soon the page is just
overwhelmed and the slider becomes really sensitive (and scroll-wheel
motion is barely moves).  Could the waterfall be adjusted to a smaller
scale.

I looked at one example to verify the test results are easy to navigate
with a search tool.  (Browser find works.)

Dan

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: buildbot

mmuetzel
Daniel Sebald wrote:
> The waterfall display.  What I had noticed is that initially there were
> not 27 shown, but as I moved the slidebar down and more data appeared,
> suddenly the 27 appeared.  Perhaps there was limited data for the builds
> of the first few times.  Anyway, one issue is that so space is occupied
> by the waterfall as the slider moves that soon the page is just
> overwhelmed and the slider becomes really sensitive (and scroll-wheel
> motion is barely moves).  Could the waterfall be adjusted to a smaller
> scale.

You can zoom into the time direction of the waterfall view with the lens
tools in the upper right corner or with the "scaling factor" on the settings
page. I find that a scaling factor of 0.015 best suits my screen size.



--
Sent from: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: buildbot

Daniel Sebald
On 07/13/2018 12:54 PM, mmuetzel wrote:
> You can zoom into the time direction of the waterfall view with the lens
> tools in the upper right corner or with the "scaling factor" on the settings
> page. I find that a scaling factor of 0.015 best suits my screen size.

Ah, that really helps, thanks.

Dan