chinese

davidparker
can i do anything to let octave support chinese

Re: chinese

Andreas Weber-6
Am 03.07.2017 um 16:40 schrieb davidparker:
> can i do anything to let octave support chinese

Hi, thank you for offering help.
The GUI for GNU Octave already is (perhaps incomplete) translated for zh_CN.

Or what is your definition of "let octave support chinese"?

-- Andy

Re: chinese

davidparker
As you may guess, I am a chinese developer. Recently I am working on some xls data. I can import them right but one column of my input are chinese names. I haven't installed any package or changed any setting on my octave and I just got some funny characters. So I am wondering whether I can do something to get my octave recognize that line as chinese strings or I must pick up some database language.
Many thanks!