command completion project

Richard Crozier
Dear Sudeempam,

The command completion project sounds pretty nice, but I do have one
suggestion, how about fixing basic command completion for packages as
part of the project too?

Command completion currently doesn't work for code in packages (by which
I mean namespaces created by putting code in a folder starting with
'+'). So if you put a function file myfunction.m in a folder like
'+mypackage', you then call it on the command line like:

mypackage.myfunction

you can also nest package folders so it's like:

my_package.my_sub_package1.myfunction

my_package.my_sub_package2.myfunction

but Octave can't currently do code completion on the package namespaces
as you type them. Ideally it should complete the first package name,
then after the dot, suggest any subpackage names or functions in the
package etc.

Regards,

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.

Re: command completion project

Sudeepam Pandey

On 16 May 2018 4:23 p.m., "Richard Crozier" <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Thanks for the suggestions Richard. I'll check it out in a few days and get back to you with a more detailed reply.

Just for clearance, I hope you are using the term 'command completion' as a substitute for the term 'command suggestion' here?

I have genrally used the term 'command completion' to refer to the autocomplete feature (such as by pressing tab) and not to the suggestion feature that I am working on (which would generate possible corrections for typing errors) and so I would like to make sure that we are talking about the same things here.

Re: command completion project

Nir Krakauer-3
Hi Sudeepam,

How is your project going? I see you haven't written a blog post or committed on Github in a month.

--Nir

On Tue, May 29, 2018 at 5:33 PM, Nir Krakauer <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Sudeepam,

How is your project going? I see you haven't written a blog post or committed on Github in a month.

--Nir

Nir, yes I did realize that and I was writing a post just when I saw this email. Actually I got so involved with the coding part that I forgot to share the progress in a blog post. I have actually completed the phase one evaluation goal (except maybe some style changes) and have also completed nearly 50% of the phase two goal. My public repository is on bitbucket so I've made the commits there, not on Github, you can see them here[1]. I have shared this with the mentors.

I also would like to apologize for the fact that I did not do a blog post till now. I'll complete one and share the progress that have been made till now in a day or two.

[1]: https://bitbucket.org/peesu_97/octave/commits/all

Thankyou
P Sudeepam

Re: command completion project

Nir Krakauer-3

Thanks for the blog post and repository link.

Also, I came across a GPL3 autocomplete library that you might want to look at and see if it has anything that would help your project:
https://github.com/bharadwaj-raju/TextSuggest/blob/master/README.md

On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 6:38 PM, Nir Krakauer <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks for the blog post and repository link.

Also, I came across a GPL3 autocomplete library that you might want to look at and see if it has anything that would help your project:
https://github.com/bharadwaj-raju/TextSuggest/blob/master/README.md

Thank you for that Nir. I appreciate it.