communications package

Jürgen
Dear all,

The latest release of the communications package is from 2015-04-04.
Now I found a site https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?9019 with the
(crucially needed) modification of the qammod/qamdemod files with
Gray coding. This patch seems to be from June 2016 and it hasn't found
it's way into the package. True? Is there any way to implement it, as
without Gray coding these modulators are of limited use.

I already tried to contact the maintainer, but did not get an answer yet.

Thanks in avance.

Jürgen

Re: communications package

Andreas Weber-6
> The latest release of the communications package is from 2015-04-04.
> Now I found a site _https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/?9019_ with the
> (crucially needed) modification of the qammod/qamdemod files with
> Gray coding. This patch seems to be from June 2016 and it hasn't found
> its way into the package. True? Is there any way to implement it, as
> without Gray coding these modulators are of limited use.

You can of course install communications and then add the .m files from
the patch to the installation folder. (no need to compile anything)

If you want to contribute you can do as Mike said: clone the current
source and add the files as hg patches.

-- Andy

RE: communications package

Jürgen
> You can of course install communications and then add the .m files from
> the patch to the installation folder. (no need to compile anything)
>
> If you want to contribute you can do as Mike said: clone the current
> source and add the files as hg patches.

Yes and no. I could do, but I am not able to do so. Partly as I do not
know how to patch and so on, partly as my working computer filters
some of the pages, so eg. I can not look at the code itself, alas.

--

Jürgen