dicominfo octave crash

Ken K
Does anybody have problems using the dicominfo function in the image package?

Attempting to read MRI dicom header using "dicominfo" causes octave to crash
and doesn't give a message why. I am able to read the files in matlab. I am
using Octave-4.2.2. Has anybody run across this?

Thanks

RE: dicominfo octave crash

John Donoghue-3

> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 13:12:27 -0700 (MST)
> From: Ken K <[hidden email]>
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: dicominfo octave crash
>
> Does anybody have problems using the dicominfo function in the image
> package?
>
> Attempting to read MRI dicom header using "dicominfo" causes octave to
crash
> and doesn't give a message why. I am able to read the files in matlab. I
am
> using Octave-4.2.2. Has anybody run across this?
>
> Thanks

The dicominfo function is in the dicom package rather than the image package
in octave.

I havent seen any issues, but have havent used it on too many images.

What version of the dicom package are you using?
It uses what the gdcm library, so what version of that is used ?
Does it work on other images, or fails on all ?

RE: dicominfo octave crash

Ken K
Sorry, that was an error. I meant to say in the dicom package. I am running
dicom version 0.2.1.

It seems to be crashing on dicom images from some Philips units (an Achieva,
a Panorama & an Ingenia) and from a Hitachi Oasis MRI unit. It works on all
GE MRI dicom images that I have tried on so far and other Philips units.

Ken