distribution functions missin in octave 4.4.0

distribution functions missin in octave 4.4.0

Mathias.Moog
Dear Octave developers,

I just installed octave 4.4.0 (windows Version from a 7z archive). The distribution function like normcdf and quantile functions like norminv are missing. In the 4.4 version they had been located under

./octave-4.2.1/share/octave/4.2.1/m/statistics/distributions/normpdf.m

I did not find any hint in the list of deprecated functions.

As a workarround I used the corresponding functions from the nan package.

Did the distribution functions move to some other place?

Best regards

  Mathias Moog

Prof. Dr. Mathias Moog
Hochschule Ansbach
Residenzstr. 8
91522 Ansbach
Tel.: 0981-4877-315

Re: distribution functions missin in octave 4.4.0

shall689
see https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/NEWS-4.4.html

 ** The following statistical functions have been moved from core
    Octave to the statistics package available from Octave Forge.

    BASE
      cloglog
      logit
      prctile
      probit
      qqplot
      table  (renamed to crosstab)

    DISTRIBUTIONS
      betacdf
      betainv
      betapdf
      betarnd
      binocdf
      binoinv
      binopdf
      binornd
      cauchy_cdf
      cauchy_inv
      cauchy_pdf
      cauchy_rnd
      chi2cdf
      chi2inv
      chi2pdf
      chi2rnd
      expcdf
      expinv
      exppdf
      exprnd
      fcdf
      finv
      fpdf
      frnd
      gamcdf
      gaminv
      gampdf
      gamrnd
      geocdf
      geoinv
      geopdf
      geornd
      hygecdf
      hygeinv
      hygepdf
      hygernd
      kolmogorov_smirnov_cdf
      laplace_cdf
      laplace_inv
      laplace_pdf
      laplace_rnd
      logistic_cdf
      logistic_inv
      logistic_pdf
      logistic_rnd
      logncdf
      logninv
      lognpdf
      lognrnd
      nbincdf
      nbininv
      nbinpdf
      nbinrnd
      normcdf
      norminv
      normpdf
      normrnd
      poisscdf
      poissinv
      poisspdf
      poissrnd
      stdnormal_cdf
      stdnormal_inv
      stdnormal_pdf
      stdnormal_rnd
      tcdf
      tinv
      tpdf
      trnd
      unidcdf
      unidinv
      unidpdf
      unidrnd
      unifcdf
      unifinv
      unifpdf
      unifrnd
      wblcdf
      wblinv
      wblpdf
      wblrnd
      wienrnd

    MODELS
      logistic_regression

    TESTS
      anova
      bartlett_test
      chisquare_test_homogeneity
      chisquare_test_independence
      cor_test
      f_test_regression
      hotelling_test
      hotelling_test_2
      kolmogorov_smirnov_test
      kolmogorov_smirnov_test_2
      kruskal_wallis_test
      manova
      mcnemar_test
      prop_test_2
      run_test
      sign_test
      t_test
      t_test_2
      t_test_regression
      u_test
      var_test
      welch_test
      wilcoxon_test
      z_test
      z_test_2

Re: distribution functions missin in octave 4.4.0

Bagus Tris Atmaja
However, those distribution functions are not available in statistics package yet.
The latest release of stat package is in 2016.
Hopefully, anyone will update it soon.

Best,
bagus