dropbox

12

dropbox

Tarmo Tapio
Hi

I add directory to dropbox, but I can not see it my octave. Why?

BR Tarmo

Re: dropbox

siko1056
On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 10:27 PM Tarmo Tapio <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I add directory to dropbox, but I can not see it my octave. Why?

BR Tarmo

Dear Tarmo,

Unfortunately, I do not fully understand your issue.  Can you please tell us about the operating system and Octave version you are using?  As far as I understand your problem, you cannot see your Dropbox folder inside the Octave "File Browser", right?  Then please tell us where your directory is located, maybe you (accidentally) chose a "fancy" setup of Dropbox, which makes your question easy to be answered.

Best,
Kai

Re: dropbox

siko1056

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 11:30 AM Tarmo Tapio <[hidden email]> wrote:

Kai Torben Ohlhus kirjoitti 14.10.2018 klo 10.59:
On Sat, Oct 13, 2018 at 10:27 PM Tarmo Tapio <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi

I add directory to dropbox, but I can not see it my octave. Why?

BR Tarmo

Dear Tarmo,

Unfortunately, I do not fully understand your issue.  Can you please tell us about the operating system and Octave version you are using?  As far as I understand your problem, you cannot see your Dropbox folder inside the Octave "File Browser", right?  Then please tell us where your directory is located, maybe you (accidentally) chose a "fancy" setup of Dropbox, which makes your question easy to be answered.

Best,
Kai

Hello

Can I find function (a = fi(v,s,w)) from any package? (fixed point)

Tarmo

Dear Tarmo,

This is a mailing list, so please keep "[hidden email]" in the CC if you want to get fast replies.

To my knowledge there has been a fixed-point package [1] for Octave but it seems abandoned or I cannot find it.

Kai

Re: dropbox

Tarmo Tapio

Hi

Is it so that every time I'm using octave I have to load packages I will need? Then I have to know where funktion I need is? It should be better that all packages would be inside octave.

BR Tarmo

Kai Torben Ohlhus kirjoitti 16.10.2018 klo 14.51:

[...]

marco atzeri-2
Am 16.10.2018 um 20:45 schrieb Tarmo Tapio:
> Hi
>
> Is it so that every time I'm using octave I have to load packages I will
> need? Then I have to know where funktion I need is? It should be better
> that all packages would be inside octave.
>
> BR Tarmo

packages are specific add on to core Octave.
Most of the time you need none and seldom you need
few of them.

Some change the way octave behave so they can not be
put inside Octave at all.

Regards
Marco

---

Re: dropbox

Mike Miller-4
On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 21:45:51 +0300, Tarmo Tapio wrote:
> Is it so that every time I'm using octave I have to load packages I will
> need? Then I have to know where funktion I need is? It should be better that
> all packages would be inside octave.

There is some discussion of this in the Octave FAQ

  * https://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#How_do_I_automatically_load_a_package_at_Octave_startup.3F
  * https://wiki.octave.org/FAQ#How_do_I_install_or_load_all_Octave_Forge_packages.3F

And there has been some discussion on a feature to automatically detect
and suggest loading a package if it is installed but not loaded

  * https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?45855

Re: dropbox

Tarmo Tapio

Hi

In my Linux PC I wrote program x=-0.5:0.01:0.5; w1=sin(x)/x: plot(w1) but it do not work. I tryed to give command "pkg load signal" but Octave do not find it. It is directory /home/tarmo. I tried to write path but not help. What next?

[...]

In my win10 pc plot(x) draws straight line but plot(sin(x)) do not work. I get only blank figure. In my xubuntu (linux) pc these works.

[...]

Linewidth default value should be at least 1.0 or 1.5. (Octave 4.4.1)

[...]

I suppose you know that Octave's plot function do not work correctly at win10 OS but works correctly at Linux xubuntu OS. However I have to add ('linewidth',2) every plot command. Are there comming corrections? I hope you answer me :)

[...]

polezero.m (382 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: dropbox

siko1056

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 11:57 AM Tarmo Tapio <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi

I suppose you know that Octave's plot function do not work correctly at win10 OS but works correctly at Linux xubuntu OS. However I have to add ('linewidth',2) every plot command. Are there comming corrections? I hope you answer me :)

BR Tarmo

Can you provide a short code, that demonstrates your plotting issue and the same code where you use ('linewidth',2) to show us the difference you expect?

Thanks,
Kai

Re: dropbox

Pantxo
Tarmo Tapio wrote
> ... Are there comming corrections? I
> hope you answer me :)
>
> BR Tarmo

In order to get an answer to your question I think you should follow some
basic rules:
* Don't high jack old threads: the title here ("Dropbox") has nothing to do
with your question.
* Clearly explain what you are trying to achieve, what you tried and didn't
work ...

Now from your sparse description, I think you are experiencing this bug:

And no, there is currently no fix for this bug.

Pantxo

Re: dropbox

Tarmo Tapio

Hi

There was file included in my mail. (polezero.m). I resend it now.

BR Tarmo

Kai Torben Ohlhus kirjoitti 22.10.2018 klo 13.29:

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 11:57 AM Tarmo Tapio <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi

I suppose you know that Octave's plot function do not work correctly at win10 OS but works correctly at Linux xubuntu OS. However I have to add ('linewidth',2) every plot command. Are there comming corrections? I hope you answer me :)

BR Tarmo

Can you provide a short code, that demonstrates your plotting issue and the same code where you use ('linewidth',2) to show us the difference you expect?

Thanks,
Kai

polezero.m (382 bytes) Download Attachment

Re: dropbox

Tarmo Tapio

Hi again.

This ('linewidth',2) only makes line visible. Bigger problem is ploting at win10 computers. Test it.

p=0.9*exp(j*pi/10);
a=poly([p conj(p)]);
b=[1 0 0];
theta=0:pi/100:2*pi;
c=1*exp(j*theta);
plot(real(c),imag(c),'linewidth',2);
set(gca, 'PlotBoxAspectRatio',[1 1 1]);
zvals=roots(b);
pvals=roots(a);
hold on
plot (real(pvals), imag(pvals),'x','linewidth',2);
plot (real(zvals), imag(zvals),'o','linewidth',2);

BR Tarmo

Kai Torben Ohlhus kirjoitti 22.10.2018 klo 13.29:

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 11:57 AM Tarmo Tapio <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi

I suppose you know that Octave's plot function do not work correctly at win10 OS but works correctly at Linux xubuntu OS. However I have to add ('linewidth',2) every plot command. Are there comming corrections? I hope you answer me :)

BR Tarmo

Can you provide a short code, that demonstrates your plotting issue and the same code where you use ('linewidth',2) to show us the difference you expect?

Thanks,
Kai

Re: dropbox

Tarmo Tapio

Hi

Have you got my code and matlab file? I have sent you also others matlab file - have you test them using octave version 4.4.1 at win10 operation systems? Axis and curve moves different direction using move tool.

BR Tarmo

Kai Torben Ohlhus kirjoitti 22.10.2018 klo 13.29:

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 11:57 AM Tarmo Tapio <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi

I suppose you know that Octave's plot function do not work correctly at win10 OS but works correctly at Linux xubuntu OS. However I have to add ('linewidth',2) every plot command. Are there comming corrections? I hope you answer me :)

BR Tarmo

Can you provide a short code, that demonstrates your plotting issue and the same code where you use ('linewidth',2) to show us the difference you expect?

Thanks,
Kai

Re: dropbox

Tarmo Tapio

Hi

Have you tested my code using Octave at windows 10 PC?

BR Tarmo

Kai Torben Ohlhus kirjoitti 22.10.2018 klo 13.29:

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 11:57 AM Tarmo Tapio <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi

I suppose you know that Octave's plot function do not work correctly at win10 OS but works correctly at Linux xubuntu OS. However I have to add ('linewidth',2) every plot command. Are there comming corrections? I hope you answer me :)

BR Tarmo

Can you provide a short code, that demonstrates your plotting issue and the same code where you use ('linewidth',2) to show us the difference you expect?

Thanks,
Kai

Re: dropbox

Tarmo Tapio

hi

How often you update this Linux version? Today I noticed that oaso function firpm is missing in signal library. If I take update Linux is it so that also Octave updates are there automatically?

Tarmo

Kai Torben Ohlhus kirjoitti 22.10.2018 klo 13.29:

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 11:57 AM Tarmo Tapio <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi

I suppose you know that Octave's plot function do not work correctly at win10 OS but works correctly at Linux xubuntu OS. However I have to add ('linewidth',2) every plot command. Are there comming corrections? I hope you answer me :)

BR Tarmo

Can you provide a short code, that demonstrates your plotting issue and the same code where you use ('linewidth',2) to show us the difference you expect?

Thanks,
Kai

Re: dropbox

Tarmo Tapio

Hi

How I can tell Octave that signal-1.4.0 package is directory /home/tarmo? I tried command "pkg signal-1.4.0 load" it do not work.

BR Tarmo

Kai Torben Ohlhus kirjoitti 22.10.2018 klo 13.29:

On Mon, Oct 22, 2018 at 11:57 AM Tarmo Tapio <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi

I suppose you know that Octave's plot function do not work correctly at win10 OS but works correctly at Linux xubuntu OS. However I have to add ('linewidth',2) every plot command. Are there comming corrections? I hope you answer me :)

BR Tarmo

Can you provide a short code, that demonstrates your plotting issue and the same code where you use ('linewidth',2) to show us the difference you expect?

Thanks,
Kai

Re: dropbox

Doug Stewart-4

On Mon, Oct 29, 2018, 5:49 AM Tarmo Tapio, <[hidden email]> wrote:

Hi

How I can tell Octave that signal-1.4.0 package is directory /home/tarmo? I tried command "pkg signal-1.4.0 load" it do not work.

BR Tarmo

Did you  try

Pkg load signal