error using etree function

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

error using etree function

rpsouto
Hello all.

The function etree is not working.

>> A=gallery('poisson',16);
>> issparse(A)
ans = 1
>> etree(A)
error: etree: S must be a sparse matrix

This test was performed at versions 4.4.1 and 4.2.2 of GNU Octave
(Ubuntu 18.04).

Regards,

Roberto.


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: error using etree function

Dmitri A. Sergatskov


On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 10:24 AM rpsouto <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello all.

The function etree is not working.

>> A=gallery('poisson',16);
>> issparse(A)
ans = 1
>> etree(A)
error: etree: S must be a sparse matrix

This test was performed at versions 4.4.1 and 4.2.2 of GNU Octave
(Ubuntu 18.04).


On Fedora (octave 4.4.1) I see:

octave -f -q
octave:1> A=gallery('poisson',16);
octave:2> issparse A
ans = 0
octave:3> __octave_config_info__ ("hg_id")
ans = 1f46d371968c


 
Regards,

Roberto.


Dmitri.
--


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: error using etree function

siko1056


On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 6:36 PM Dmitri A. Sergatskov <[hidden email]> wrote:

octave:1> A=gallery('poisson',16);
octave:2> issparse A 


issparse (A) with brackets will be true.  Even worse:

>> etree(speye (2))
error: etree: S must be a sparse matrix

I think it is worth a bug report...

Kai 


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: error using etree function

marco atzeri-2
In reply to this post by Dmitri A. Sergatskov
Am 22.11.2018 um 18:19 schrieb Dmitri A. Sergatskov:

>
>
> On Thu, Nov 22, 2018 at 10:24 AM rpsouto  wrote:
>
>     Hello all.
>
>     The function etree is not working.
>
>      >> A=gallery('poisson',16);
>      >> issparse(A)
>     ans = 1
>      >> etree(A)
>     error: etree: S must be a sparse matrix
>
>     This test was performed at versions 4.4.1 and 4.2.2 of GNU Octave
>     (Ubuntu 18.04).
>
>
> On Fedora (octave 4.4.1) I see:
>
> octave -f -q
> octave:1> A=gallery('poisson',16);
> octave:2> issparse A
> ans = 0

you are missing the parenthesis

octave:8> issparse A
ans = 0
octave:9> issparse(A)
ans = 1



---
Diese E-Mail wurde von Avast Antivirus-Software auf Viren geprüft.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: error using etree function

mmuetzel
In reply to this post by siko1056
There was an error in the input argument check for etree. This and an
additional segmentation fault should be fixed with this change:
http://hg.savannah.gnu.org/hgweb/octave/rev/0c7a9fa16998

Markus



--
Sent from: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-General-f1599825.html