error: 'zero' undefined near line 1 column 1 on windows 2010

error: 'zero' undefined near line 1 column 1 on windows 2010

rodica
I am using OCTAVE on Windows 2010 and this error appeared
error: 'zero' undefined near line 1 column 1
I tried to install control package and didn't worked.

Re: error: 'zero' undefined near line 1 column 1 on windows 2010

Doug Stewart-4

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 4:08 PM, rodica <[hidden email]> wrote:
I am using OCTAVE on Windows 2010 and this error appeared
error: 'zero' undefined near line 1 column 1
I tried to install control package and didn't worked.

You have to give us more information.

What OS
What version of Octave.
how did you try to install control pkg?
etc.

DASCertificate for 206392

Re: error: 'zero' undefined near line 1 column 1 on windows 2010

rodica
GNU Octave, version 4.2.1
Copyright (C) 2017 John W. Eaton and others.
This is free software; see the source code for copying conditions.
There is ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; not even for MERCHANTABILITY or
FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  For details, type 'warranty'.

Octave was configured for "i686-w64-mingw32".

Additional information about Octave is available at http://www.octave.org.

Please contribute if you find this software useful.
For more information, visit http://www.octave.org/get-involved.html

Read http://www.octave.org/bugs.html to learn how to submit bug reports.
For information about changes from previous versions, type 'news'.

octave:1> zero(3,3)
warning: the 'zero' function belongs to the control package from Octave
Forge
which you have installed but not loaded.  To load the package, run 'pkg
load control' from the Octave prompt.

Please read <http://www.octave.org/missing.html> to learn how you can
contribute missing functionality.
error: 'zero' undefined near line 1 column 1
octave:1>

I am new to this ..... just started to learn!

Re: error: 'zero' undefined near line 1 column 1 on windows 2010

avlas-2
El dimarts, 28 de novembre de 2017, a les 16:48:10 EST, rodica va escriure:

[...]

You probably want to use zeros(3,3)

Note the 's' in zeros

a.

DASCertificate for 206392

Re: error: 'zero' undefined near line 1 column 1 on windows 2010

rodica
Thank  you!
it worked with "zeros"

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 11:59 PM, Doug Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Dmitri A. Sergatskov
On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 3:48 PM, rodica <[hidden email]> wrote:

octave:1> zero(3,3)
warning: the 'zero' function belongs to the control package from Octave
Forge

​Perhaps you want "zeros":

​octave:1> zeros(3,3)
ans =