extensions to Octave.

Stephen Eglen-4
Hello,
I have just picked up a copy of Octave, and was wondering if there is
any other scripts available for it.  I am particulary interested in
image processing type scripts and symbolic math scripts.
Thanks for your time,
Stephen Eglen.
Stephen Eglen, [hidden email]
Postgraduate Student, Phone: +44-(0)273-678524
School of Cognitive and Computing Sciences,       Fax: +44-(0)273 671320
University of Sussex,
Falmer, BRIGHTON, BN1 9QH, United Kingdom

Re: extensions to Octave.

John Utz-3
On Mon, 18 Jul 1994, Stephen Eglen wrote:

> Hello,
> I have just picked up a copy of Octave, and was wondering if there is
> any other scripts available for it.  I am particulary interested in
> image processing type scripts and symbolic math scripts.

        I have written a  convolution ( and by implication, polynomial
multiplication, i guess ) script that is kind of a sig procc. building
block, but i have not taken it any further then that. You would be more
then welcome to it if u so desire!

        I cant speak to the symbolic algebra question other then to say
that I have used gnucalc 2.02c ( a gnu emacs extension ) jacal ( which
does not do integration! ) and maxima and found that maxima was the only
package that met my symbolic processing needs ( which consists of fourier
and laplace integrals, which are probably what u are after, if i dont miss
my guess ).

        I have both octave and maxima on my machine and find that i use
both about equally, because they have very complementary uses!

> Thanks for your time,
> Stephen Eglen.
> Stephen Eglen, [hidden email]
> Postgraduate Student, Phone: +44-(0)273-678524
> School of Cognitive and Computing Sciences,       Fax: +44-(0)273 671320
> University of Sussex,
> Falmer, BRIGHTON, BN1 9QH, United Kingdom

 John Utz [hidden email]
        idiocy is the impulse function in the convolution of life