failure to install octave image package

Tbenchattah
Hello every body,

I  was recently installed octave 4.0.2 from ppa octave release, in ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
When i try to install octave image -2.6.1 package , an error is occur: configure: error: ** could not find a C++11 compiler.
Does someone have any idea please?

Thanks
Thoraya

Re: failure to install octave image package

tmacchant
>I  was recently installed octave 4.0.2 from ppa octave release, in ubuntu 12.04 LTS.
>When i try to install octave image -2.6.1 package , an error is occur:configure: error: ** could not find a C++11 compiler.
>Does someone have any idea please?
>

>Thanks
>Thoraya

I am no longer using ubuntu 12.04.

IIRC, g++ with 12.04 does not support  C++11.
You need to install GCC-4.8 from ppa.

See
http://askubuntu.com/questions/271388/how-to-install-gcc-4-8

Before install image package from octave prompt, execute below,

setenv CC gcc-4.8
setenv CXX g++-4.8
setenv F77 gfortran-4.8

I cannot test it so that I do know the above will be a solution.

Tatsuro