fread (big-endian)

Eduardo Parente Ribeiro
I couldn't read a binary file that a can read with matlab. On the sun
I can read with the default float format, and on pc I have to specify
the big endian format: 'ieee-be'. Does someone know how to do that
easily with octave?
If not, this should be a good ideia for the next release (before it comes
out of the oven).
Greetings,
Eduardo.

Re: fread (big-endian)

Guido Dietz
You wrote:
> I couldn't read a binary file that a can read with matlab. On the sun
> I can read with the default float format, and on pc I have to specify
> the big endian format: 'ieee-be'. Does someone know how to do that
> easily with octave?
> If not, this should be a good ideia for the next release (before it comes
> out of the oven).
I heared, that this will be implemented in the next release of
octave. For version 1.1.1 I implemented an ugly patch. You can get this
*working* version at

   ftp://ftp.aia.rwth-aachen.de/pub/octave/octave-1.1.1-patched.tgz

If you need this feature now, take it, if you can wait a little, take
the next release. I think in the actual shapshot this feature is
already implemented, but I didn't try it yet ...

Bye
G.