frequency of Octave releases - future release schedules

frequency of Octave releases - future release schedules

Carnë Draug
Hi everyone

We have been discussing the frequency of Octave releases during
OctConf.

We are aiming for a new patch release on Wednesday.  This will be
version 4.2.2.  The default branch will then be merged into stable.
We are aiming for a new release, which will be version 4.4.0, in one
month time.

After this, we will be making one release per year.  The default
branch will be merged into stable on 15 of December and a new release
will happen before the end of January.  Patch releases will happen
throughout the year as required.

Carnë, reporting from OctConf 2018

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018