-fsanitize=undefined configure option?

Rik-4
jwe,

Is this extra level of code checking useful enough to make it worthwhile to
put in a configure option for it?  We already have one for -fsanitize=address.

 --enable-address-sanitizer-flags
                          add extra -fsanitize=address and
                          -fno-omit-frame-pointer options to CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS,
                          and LDFLAGS

Then build-bots could simply run with a a different configure option,
rather than hand-modifying all of the FLAG variables.

--Rik

Re: -fsanitize=undefined configure option?

On 04/15/2017 01:43 PM, Rik wrote:

> jwe,
>
> Is this extra level of code checking useful enough to make it worthwhile to
> put in a configure option for it?  We already have one for -fsanitize=address.
>
>  --enable-address-sanitizer-flags
>                           add extra -fsanitize=address and
>                           -fno-omit-frame-pointer options to CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS,
>                           and LDFLAGS
>
> Then build-bots could simply run with a a different configure option,
> rather than hand-modifying all of the FLAG variables.

OK.

Maybe instead of separate options we should have a single
--enable-sanitizer=OPTIONS that accepts the options that -fsanitize=
accepts?

On 04/15/2017 11:20 AM, John W. Eaton wrote:

> On 04/15/2017 01:43 PM, Rik wrote:
>> jwe,
>>
>> Is this extra level of code checking useful enough to make it worthwhile to
>> put in a configure option for it?  We already have one for
>> -fsanitize=address.
>>
>>  --enable-address-sanitizer-flags
>>                           add extra -fsanitize=address and
>>                           -fno-omit-frame-pointer options to CFLAGS,
>> CXXFLAGS,
>>                           and LDFLAGS
>>
>> Then build-bots could simply run with a a different configure option,
>> rather than hand-modifying all of the FLAG variables.
>
> OK.
>
> Maybe instead of separate options we should have a single
> --enable-sanitizer=OPTIONS that accepts the options that -fsanitize=
> accepts?

I'm okay with either, but it is somewhat more straightforward to have one
--enable-sanitizer option and then an option.

--Rik