gsl_ran_landau_pdf

mtrocme
Hi there,

I'm trying to integrate the function 'gsl_ran_landau_pdf'
https://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/The-Landau-Distribution.html
to octave using the octave-gsl wrapper
https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/gsl/ci/1.0.8/tree/src/README
since this function is not (yet) available :
https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Random-Number-Generation.html#Random-Number-Generation
https://octave.sourceforge.io/gsl/overview.html

I managed to successfully install octave-gsl using the following set of commands :
# sudo apt-get install mercurial autoconf liboctave-dev
# hg clone http://hg.code.sf.net/p/octave/gsl octave-gsl
# cd octave-gsl/src/
# ./bootstrap && ./configure && make
# cd .. && make install

I also managed to add the 'gsl_ran_landau_pdf' function without any compilation error
# ./bootstrap && ./configure && make && cd .. && sudo \rm -rf /home/user/octave/gsl-2.0.0 && make install
## checking for gsl_ran_landau_pdf... yes
adding the following lines to the end of the file 'src/buildgsl_sf.sh'
#  export octave_name=gsl_sf_ran_landau_pdf
#  export    funcname=gsl_ran_landau_pdf
#  cat << \EOF > docstring.txt
#  This function computes the probability density p(x) at x for the Landau distribution.
#  See https://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/The-Landau-Distribution.html
#  EOF
#  ${RT} D_DD >> gsl_sf.cc

However I don't see the 'gsl_sf_ran_landau_pdf' function in octave :
# Octave
# >> pkg load gsl
# >> gsl_sf_ <TAB>

Could you please tell me what I'm missing ?

Thanks for your time and consideration,
Mathieu

Re: gsl_ran_landau_pdf

Andreas Weber-6
Am 03.08.2017 um 13:50 schrieb mtrocme:
> I'm trying to integrate the function 'gsl_ran_landau_pdf'
> https://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/The-Landau-Distribution.html
> to octave using the octave-gsl wrapper

I know Susi Lehtola onve forked gsl with the aim to fix some build
scripts and add functionality:
https://sourceforge.net/u/jussilehtola/octave/ci/default/tree/

Perhaps this helps you or you may contact him/her?
I haven't folowed the diskussion why it was forked in the first place.

-- Andy

Re: gsl_ran_landau_pdf

jbect
Le 07/08/2017 à 20:03, Andreas Weber a écrit :
> Am 03.08.2017 um 13:50 schrieb mtrocme:
>> I'm trying to integrate the function 'gsl_ran_landau_pdf'
>> https://www.gnu.org/software/gsl/manual/html_node/The-Landau-Distribution.html
>> to octave using the octave-gsl wrapper
> I know Susi Lehtola onve forked gsl with the aim to fix some build
> scripts and add functionality:
> https://sourceforge.net/u/jussilehtola/octave/ci/default/tree/

This is old.  I have merged the work of Susi and release a new release
of the gsl package last summer.

(to be continued on the maintainers list)