help -i in emacs

PETER HOPFGARTNER-6

     Hello,

     I would like to know if it is possible to set the .octaverc file in a
     way that:

     1) help -i starts the enacs info reader when octave is run in
     *Inferior Octave* under emacs

     2) behaves as usual when run in a terminal session

     IMHO this could be a fine default behavior for EOS (which I started to
     use VERY recently, but got addicted immediatly).

                                        Peter

help -i in emacs

John W. Eaton-6
On 12-May-1998, PETER HOPFGARTNER <[hidden email]> wrote:

|      I would like to know if it is possible to set the .octaverc file in a
|      way that:
|
|      1) help -i starts the enacs info reader when octave is run in
|      *Inferior Octave* under emacs
|
|      2) behaves as usual when run in a terminal session
|
|      IMHO this could be a fine default behavior for EOS (which I started to
|      use VERY recently, but got addicted immediatly).

If you have gnuserv installed and working, you should only have to do
the following:

  * add

        (autoload 'octave-help "octave-hlp" nil t)
        (require 'gnuserv)
        (gnuserv-start)

    to your .emacs file.

  * put

      INFO_PROGRAM = "info-emacs-octave-help";

    in the file ~/.emacs-octave.

jwe