how to make Si111(sqrt3×sqrt3)R30◦

Saleem Ayaz KHAN M.Sc.
Dear Sir
Greetings, I want to make  Si111(sqrt3×sqrt3)R30◦ surface using octave.
I loaded the Si basic structure to octave and prepared Si111 surface. See the commands
 s=loadstruct("Si.struct")
s1=makeprimitive(s)
s2=makesurface(s1,[1 1 1],1,30.0,30.0)
savestruct (s2, "Si111-surface")

Now I have no idea how to move the origin of Si111 to construct Si111(sqrt3×sqrt3)R30◦. See the plot and structures in attachment.
please help me.

regards
Saleem

Si111.png (497K) Download Attachment
Si.struct (6K) Download Attachment
Si111-surface.struct (17K) Download Attachment

Re: how to make Si111(sqrt3×sqrt3)R30◦

bpabbott
Administrator
> On Oct 2, 2017, at 4:34 AM, Saleem Ayaz KHAN M.Sc. <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Dear Sir
> Greetings, I want to make  Si111(sqrt3×sqrt3)R30◦ surface using octave.
> I loaded the Si basic structure to octave and prepared Si111 surface. See the commands
> s=loadstruct("Si.struct")
> s1=makeprimitive(s)
> s2=makesurface(s1,[1 1 1],1,30.0,30.0)
> savestruct (s2, "Si111-surface")
>
> Now I have no idea how to move the origin of Si111 to construct Si111(sqrt3×sqrt3)R30◦. See the plot and structures in attachment.
> please help me.
>

> regards
> Saleem

The commands you’ve used are not part of Octave. My impression is that you are using a 3rd party package/toolbox for crystallography (or something similar).

If you can tell us what the package/toolbox your using is, we may be able to help, or at least point you to someone who can.

Ben