input

Yoshi Tohma

When operating Octave-4.2.1 (GUI), it happened suddenly that run could not start a program including input("input x="). Error message as

invalid use of script C:\Users\T\Documents\My Programs\Octave\input.m in index expression
error: called from
    db at line 2 column 3
    run at line 86 column 5

appears. Programs which do not include "input()" regularly work by run. Please tell me how to recover this inconvenience.

Thank you.

Yoshi Tohma ([hidden email])

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: input

Doug Stewart-4

On Mon, Mar 12, 2018 at 6:29 AM, Yoshi Tohma <[hidden email]> wrote:

When operating Octave-4.2.1 (GUI), it happened suddenly that run could not start a program including input("input x="). Error message as

invalid use of script C:\Users\T\Documents\My Programs\Octave\input.m in index expression
error: called from
    db at line 2 column 3
    run at line 86 column 5

appears. Programs which do not include "input()" regularly work by run. Please tell me how to recover this inconvenience.

Thank you.

Yoshi Tohma ([hidden email])

Did you make a file called input.m?
If you did then it is trying to use that file instead if the input function of octave.

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

DASCertificate for 206392