intro

irene tenison
hello ,im irene . i have been using octave for about 6 months and so i would like to work with octave for GSoC 2017 and contribute to the community.Please do help me with getting started.

Re: intro

siko1056
irene tenison wrote
hello ,im irene . i have been using octave for about 6 months and so i
would like to work with octave for GSoC 2017 and contribute to the
community.Please do help me with getting started.
Hello Irene,

Great to hear from you. It's always good to have new contributors.

Please read carefully http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas#Steps_Toward_a_Successful_Application to find out what is expected from GSoC applicants.

What did you do the last six months with Octave? Maybe you want to improve some features you worked with. Otherwise, there is a list of short projects http://wiki.octave.org/Short_projects and suggested projects http://wiki.octave.org/Summer_of_Code_Project_Ideas#Suggested_projects .

Please don't hesitate to ask for help here.

Sincerely,

Kai