libqscintilla2.so.11: No such file or directory

libqscintilla2.so.11: No such file or directory

oxyopes
Hi,

you maybe know this problem. But i could not find much on the web.
I had the error of not finding the cited library. I removed octave and
try to reinstall.
The same error comes:

sudo apt-get install octave
/usr/local/libexec/octave/4.0.1/exec/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/octave-gui:
error while loading shared libraries: libqscintilla2.so.11: cannot

It might be related to the ubuntu upgrade from 12.04 to 16.04 and
changes in the PPA.
I do know know.

Any tip?

Thx...

Re: libqscintilla2.so.11: No such file or directory

Mike Miller-4
On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 11:56:26 +0200, oxy wrote:
> sudo apt-get install octave
> /usr/local/libexec/octave/4.0.1/exec/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/octave-gui:
> error while loading shared libraries: libqscintilla2.so.11: cannot
>
> It might be related to the ubuntu upgrade from 12.04 to 16.04 and
> changes in the PPA.
> I do know know.

The path "/usr/local" indicates that you are running an Octave that you
compiled yourself and installed in /usr/local. You may have also
installed Octave from the Ubuntu repositories or a PPA, which is
installed in /usr.

I guess that you compiled Octave against an old version of Qscintilla,
then upgraded your system, and are still trying to run the self-compiled
Octave. Try deleting it from /usr/local entirely.

Re: libqscintilla2.so.11: No such file or directory

Eric-262
On 08/28/2017 12:24 PM, Mike Miller wrote:

> On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 11:56:26 +0200, oxy wrote:
>> sudo apt-get install octave
>> /usr/local/libexec/octave/4.0.1/exec/x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu/octave-gui:
>> error while loading shared libraries: libqscintilla2.so.11: cannot
>> open shared object file: No such file or directory
>>
>> It might be related to the ubuntu upgrade from 12.04 to 16.04 and
>> changes in the PPA.
>> I do know know.
>
> The path "/usr/local" indicates that you are running an Octave that you
> compiled yourself and installed in /usr/local. You may have also
> installed Octave from the Ubuntu repositories or a PPA, which is
> installed in /usr.
>
> I guess that you compiled Octave against an old version of Qscintilla,
> then upgraded your system, and are still trying to run the self-compiled
> Octave. Try deleting it from /usr/local entirely.

oxy,

Did you try the command sudo ldconfig to update your library path?

Might be worth a try.

Good Luck,

Eric