Carlo de Falco-2
Hi,

In many C++ applications I have been using the approach shown here:
http://wiki.octave.org/Fortran#C.2B.2B_function
To load Octave data files.

This code no longer compiles whith recent versions of the development branch
as "install_types ()" now takes an input argument of "class octave::type_info&".

Can someone provide some hint for adapting that example on the wiki?
Is it now needed to create an interpreter object before invoking do_load?

Thanks,
c.

Join us March 12-15 at CERN near Geneva
Switzerland for OctConf 2018.  More info:
https://wiki.octave.org/OctConf_2018

Re: loading an octave file in a stand-alone program with Octave 4.3.0+

Carlo de Falco-2

> On 4 Feb 2018, at 17:16, Carlo De Falco <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> In many C++ applications I have been using the approach shown here:
> http://wiki.octave.org/Fortran#C.2B.2B_function
> To load Octave data files.
>
> This code no longer compiles whith recent versions of the development branch
> as "install_types ()" now takes an input argument of "class octave::type_info&".
>
> Can someone provide some hint for adapting that example on the wiki?
> Is it now needed to create an interpreter object before invoking do_load?
>
> Thanks,
> c.

It seems today I like to answer my own questions ;)
I found that starting an interpreter before running do_load is indeed working as a solution.
Is this actually the right thing to do?
Anyway I'll add a comment in the wiki example about this.