matlab namespace

Richard Crozier
Dear List,

Matlab are gradually introducing the use of namespaces, with a base
namespace of 'matlab', e.g. matlab.lang.makeValidName is replacing
genvarname.

My question is, how is Octave planning to deal with this? This is
important for writing portable code, for instance I already have tests
in my code for whether an object is of class 'matlab.graphics.axis.Axes'
(for checking input).

Will Octave use 'matlab', or replace 'matlab' with 'octave'? Or some
other solution?

Regards,

Richard

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.