Quantcast

mfcc on octave

dariodematties
Hello People,

Is there a MFCC package to use with octave?

I am looking for something standard.
I mean, I have already coded my own MFCC algorithm in C,
but I want something known, sufficiently tested and accepted by the community.
Something like libsvm package on octave which I am using for supervised learning.

Thanks

Dario

Re: mfcc on octave

siko1056
dariodematties wrote
Hello People,

Is there a MFCC package to use with octave?

I am looking for something standard.
I mean, I have already coded my own MFCC algorithm in C,
but I want something known, sufficiently tested and accepted by the community.
Something like libsvm package on octave which I am using for supervised learning.

Thanks

Dario
Dear Dario,

What is your definition of "MFCC"? If you want to use your own C code, try to interface it from Octave using Oct-Files [1]. According to [2] you can already use libsvm (that is no Octave package [3] AFAIK).

HTH,
Kai

[1]: https://www.gnu.org/software/octave/doc/interpreter/Oct_002dFiles.html
[2]: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/libsvm-td4682762.html
[3]: https://octave.sourceforge.io/packages.php

Re: mfcc on octave

dariodematties
Thanks siko1056,

MFCC stands for Mel Frequency Cepstral Coefficients.

I am not sure my C code is right. I want to use some official MFCC on octave.

Something that is officially accepted in the community.

Do you know some easy to use and install code?

Thanks,

Dario