modifications fail on installing

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
8 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

modifications fail on installing

Sudeepam Pandey
All,
    I have realized a prototype of the suggestion feature and it can be seen here[1].
There is this problem that I am facing which probably is because I am missing something. I'd appreciate it if someone could point me in the right direction regarding this...
   To integrate the prototype feature, I have modified an internal function, scripts/help/__unimplemented__.m to call one of my scripts, scripts/help/__suggestions__.m at an appropriate point. It works perfectly on a built version of octave but fails after I install the same built on my system.
Or in more simplified terms, If I run octave with a ./run-octave, after a successful build, the feature prototype is working fine, but after that when I do a make install, and then test the prototype on the installed version, I get a error saying....

error: '__suggestions__' undefined near line 494 column 9
error: called from
    __unimplemented__ at line 494 column 9

Why is octave able to find my newly added script on the built version but not on the installed version? What exactly am I missing here? Kindly point me in the right direction here...

[1]: https://bitbucket.org/peesu_97/octave/commits/all

Thankyou,
Sudeepam
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: modifications fail on installing

Sahil
Make sure to include your new files in `module.mk` [1] in your current
working directory, always.

Best
Sahil

[1]
https://bitbucket.org/peesu_97/octave/src/sudeepam-bm/scripts/help/module.mk



--
Sent from: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: modifications fail on installing

Sudeepam Pandey


On 30 May 2018 10:11 p.m., "Sahil" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Make sure to include your new files in `module.mk` [1] in your current
working directory, always.

Best
Sahil

[1]
https://bitbucket.org/peesu_97/octave/src/sudeepam-bm/scripts/help/module.mk



--
Sent from: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html


Thanks Sahil works like a charm.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: modifications fail on installing

Sudeepam Pandey


On 31 May 2018 12:03 a.m., "Sudeepam Pandey" <[hidden email]> wrote:


On 30 May 2018 10:11 p.m., "Sahil" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Make sure to include your new files in `module.mk` [1] in your current
working directory, always.

Best
Sahil

[1]
https://bitbucket.org/peesu_97/octave/src/sudeepam-bm/scripts/help/module.mk



--
Sent from: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html


Thanks Sahil works like a charm.

Sahil, would you know how .mat files can be included in the module.mk file? Better still, can you point me to some documentation that has all these things listed down?

Thankyou,
Sudeep am.
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: modifications fail on installing

Sahil
Sudeepam Pandey wrote
> On 31 May 2018 12:03 a.m., "Sudeepam Pandey" &lt;

> sudeepam.pandey@

> &gt;
> wrote:
>
>
>
> On 30 May 2018 10:11 p.m., "Sahil" &lt;

> yadavsahil5198@

> &gt; wrote:
>
> Make sure to include your new files in `module.mk` [1] in your current
> working directory, always.
>
> Best
> Sahil
>
> [1]
> https://bitbucket.org/peesu_97/octave/src/sudeepam-bm/scripts/help/module.mk
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638
> 794.html
>
>
> Thanks Sahil works like a charm.
>
>
> Sahil, would you know how .mat files can be included in the module.mk
> file?
> Better still, can you point me to some documentation that has all these
> things listed down?
>
>
> Thankyou,
> Sudeep am.

I don't know if .mat files are being used in the source code. Why not rename
it with a .m extension and then include it? As for the documentation, I
discovered these back when I was getting my hands dirty in the source code a
few months back. So, you'll need to play with the source or it's always good
to ask on IRC/mailing lists when getting stuck.

Best
Sahil



--
Sent from: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638794.html

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: modifications fail on installing

Sudeepam Pandey


On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 2:57 PM, Sahil <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sudeepam Pandey wrote
> On 31 May 2018 12:03 a.m., "Sudeepam Pandey" &lt;

> sudeepam.pandey@

> &gt;
> wrote:
>
>
>
> On 30 May 2018 10:11 p.m., "Sahil" &lt;

> yadavsahil5198@

> &gt; wrote:
>
> Make sure to include your new files in `module.mk` [1] in your current
> working directory, always.
>
> Best
> Sahil
>
> [1]
> https://bitbucket.org/peesu_97/octave/src/sudeepam-bm/scripts/help/module.mk
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638
> 794.html
>
>
> Thanks Sahil works like a charm.
>
>
> Sahil, would you know how .mat files can be included in the module.mk
> file?
> Better still, can you point me to some documentation that has all these
> things listed down?
>
>
> Thankyou,
> Sudeep am.

I don't know if .mat files are being used in the source code. Why not rename
it with a .m extension and then include it? As for the documentation, I
discovered these back when I was getting my hands dirty in the source code a
few months back. So, you'll need to play with the source or it's always good
to ask on IRC/mailing lists when getting stuck.

Best
Sahil


Sahil,
       .m files and .mat files are very different and I don't think that renaming would work, also I'm pretty sure that .mat files are being included. I came across one and only one file .mat file in the source code and its called penny.mat. Thank you for helping though.
       Rik, I have CC:'d you this mail because you've been following my project and I see here[1] that you know something about this penny.mat file. Basically, to increase the speed of my command generation algorithm, I plan to reduce the sample space using some smart estimations. One step towards that would be to store all the function names (core+forge) in a very effectively organized .mat file and loading only the probable corrections to compare with the incorrect spelling. Basically, I need help figuring out how this .mat file will be included in module.mk file of scripts/help folder. Maybe it is similar to how penny.mat is hooked with octave? Would you happen to know something about this?
       Besides that, If you have any other suggestion about I should effectively store the commands then they would be appreciated as well. Also, should we move these discussions to a separate thread?

Thankyou,
Sudeepam
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: modifications fail on installing

Rik-6


On May 31, 2018 7:02:43 PM GMT+02:00, Sudeepam Pandey <[hidden email]> wrote:


On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 2:57 PM, Sahil <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sudeepam Pandey wrote
> On 31 May 2018 12:03 a.m., "Sudeepam Pandey" &lt;

> sudeepam.pandey@

> &gt;
> wrote:
>
>
>
> On 30 May 2018 10:11 p.m., "Sahil" &lt;

> yadavsahil5198@

> &gt; wrote:
>
> Make sure to include your new files in `module.mk` [1] in your current
> working directory, always.
>
> Best
> Sahil
>
> [1]
> https://bitbucket.org/peesu_97/octave/src/sudeepam-bm/scripts/help/module.mk
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638
> 794.html
>
>
> Thanks Sahil works like a charm.
>
>
> Sahil, would you know how .mat files can be included in the module.mk
> file?
> Better still, can you point me to some documentation that has all these
> things listed down?
>
>
> Thankyou,
> Sudeep am.

I don't know if .mat files are being used in the source code. Why not rename
it with a .m extension and then include it? As for the documentation, I
discovered these back when I was getting my hands dirty in the source code a
few months back. So, you'll need to play with the source or it's always good
to ask on IRC/mailing lists when getting stuck.

Best
Sahil


Sahil,
       .m files and .mat files are very different and I don't think that renaming would work, also I'm pretty sure that .mat files are being included. I came across one and only one file .mat file in the source code and its called penny.mat. Thank you for helping though.
       Rik, I have CC:'d you this mail because you've been following my project and I see here[1] that you know something about this penny.mat file. Basically, to increase the speed of my command generation algorithm, I plan to reduce the sample space using some smart estimations. One step towards that would be to store all the function names (core+forge) in a very effectively organized .mat file and loading only the probable corrections to compare with the incorrect spelling. Basically, I need help figuring out how this .mat file will be included in module.mk file of scripts/help folder. Maybe it is similar to how penny.mat is hooked with octave? Would you happen to know something about this?
       Besides that, If you have any other suggestion about I should effectively store the commands then they would be appreciated as well. Also, should we move these discussions to a separate thread?

Thankyou,
Sudeepam

Currently traveling and have limited email for another week. Yes, you can save things efficiently. Try creating a structure where the key is the misspelled word and the value is the correctly spelled word.

Example:

sugg.cosine = "cos";

You can save/load this database with

save -binary sugg.db sugg
load sugg.db

In any case, you can figure out how you want to arrange the data and which variable type you want to use, and then use binary mode to store the variable. You should use Octave's binary format rather than a .mat file.

--Rik
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: modifications fail on installing

Sudeepam Pandey

On Sat, Jun 2, 2018 at 11:29 PM, Rik <[hidden email]> wrote:


On May 31, 2018 7:02:43 PM GMT+02:00, Sudeepam Pandey <[hidden email]> wrote:


On Thu, May 31, 2018 at 2:57 PM, Sahil <[hidden email]> wrote:
Sudeepam Pandey wrote
> On 31 May 2018 12:03 a.m., "Sudeepam Pandey" &lt;

> sudeepam.pandey@

> &gt;
> wrote:
>
>
>
> On 30 May 2018 10:11 p.m., "Sahil" &lt;

> yadavsahil5198@

> &gt; wrote:
>
> Make sure to include your new files in `module.mk` [1] in your current
> working directory, always.
>
> Best
> Sahil
>
> [1]
> https://bitbucket.org/peesu_97/octave/src/sudeepam-bm/scripts/help/module.mk
>
>
>
> --
> Sent from: http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Octave-Maintainers-f1638
> 794.html
>
>
> Thanks Sahil works like a charm.
>
>
> Sahil, would you know how .mat files can be included in the module.mk
> file?
> Better still, can you point me to some documentation that has all these
> things listed down?
>
>
> Thankyou,
> Sudeep am.

I don't know if .mat files are being used in the source code. Why not rename
it with a .m extension and then include it? As for the documentation, I
discovered these back when I was getting my hands dirty in the source code a
few months back. So, you'll need to play with the source or it's always good
to ask on IRC/mailing lists when getting stuck.

Best
Sahil


Sahil,
       .m files and .mat files are very different and I don't think that renaming would work, also I'm pretty sure that .mat files are being included. I came across one and only one file .mat file in the source code and its called penny.mat. Thank you for helping though.
       Rik, I have CC:'d you this mail because you've been following my project and I see here[1] that you know something about this penny.mat file. Basically, to increase the speed of my command generation algorithm, I plan to reduce the sample space using some smart estimations. One step towards that would be to store all the function names (core+forge) in a very effectively organized .mat file and loading only the probable corrections to compare with the incorrect spelling. Basically, I need help figuring out how this .mat file will be included in module.mk file of scripts/help folder. Maybe it is similar to how penny.mat is hooked with octave? Would you happen to know something about this?
       Besides that, If you have any other suggestion about I should effectively store the commands then they would be appreciated as well. Also, should we move these discussions to a separate thread?

Thankyou,
Sudeepam

Currently traveling and have limited email for another week. Yes, you can save things efficiently. Try creating a structure where the key is the misspelled word and the value is the correctly spelled word.

Example:

sugg.cosine = "cos";

You can save/load this database with

save -binary sugg.db sugg
load sugg.db

In any case, you can figure out how you want to arrange the data and which variable type you want to use, and then use binary mode to store the variable. You should use Octave's binary format rather than a .mat file.

--Rik

Apologies for disturbing while you are traveling Rik. I understand and I'll explore Octave's binary format and switch to that. Although, just for you to see whenever you get time, I'd like to mention that I had already used a .mat file and had pushed a prototype working on those. You can see it here[1].

[1]: https://bitbucket.org/peesu_97/octave/commits/all

Thankyou
-Sudeepam