more help with legend

Rik-4
Can someone try the following to test whether numeric arguments are
accepted for position?

plot (1:10)
legend ({'abc'}, 'location', 2)

Second test.  Are abbreviations for location allowed?

clf
plot (1:10)
legend ({'abc'}, 'location', 'NW')

I just need to know whether an error gets thrown in either case.

--Rik

Re: more help with legend

mmuetzel
> Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2018 15:05:25 -0800
> From: Rik <[hidden email]>
> To: Octave-Maintainers <[hidden email]>
> Subject: more help with legend
>
> Can someone try the following to test whether numeric arguments are
> accepted for position?
>
> plot (1:10)
> legend ({'abc'}, 'location', 2)
>
> Second test.? Are abbreviations for location allowed?
>
> clf
> plot (1:10)
> legend ({'abc'}, 'location', 'NW')
>
> I just need to know whether an error gets thrown in either case.
>
> --Rik

There is an interesting new feature of Matlab's online help. It can be exploited to run simple tests:
Go to a page that features a "Try this example" button, e.g. [1].
Select "Try it in your browser".
Delete their example code and insert your own code.
Hit the green run button.

For your first code snippets, I get an error:
legend ({'abc'}, 'location', 2)
Error using legend

The second test succeeds.

Markus