needed help for contribution to octave as a beginner

needed help for contribution to octave as a beginner

tharun kumar vardhineni
hello sir/madam,

              good evening sir/madam,i am tharunkumar doing graduation in koneru lakshmaiah deemed to be university. i am one of the member of open-source community i am good in python and c programming languages i want to contribute as a new function in octave which was calculating the average of n numbers which we don't have till now in octave. can you please help me

                                                thanks in advance

Re: needed help for contribution to octave as a beginner

Oliver Heimlich
On 20.08.2018 12:06, tharun kumar vardhineni wrote:

> hello sir/madam,
>
>               good evening sir/madam,i am tharunkumar doing graduation
> in koneru lakshmaiah deemed to be university. i am one of the member of
> open-source community i am good in python and c programming languages i
> want to contribute as a new function in octave which was calculating the
> average of n numbers which we don't have till now in octave. can you
> please help me
>
>                                                 thanks in advance
Hi,

Octave already has a function called “mean”, which calculates the
average of n numbers.

octave:1> mean ([1 17 12])
ans =  10

Best
Oliver

Re: needed help for contribution to octave as a beginner

mmuetzel
In case you are referring to a function that calculates a moving average:
This function is not yet added in Octave. An implementation seems to be
available at [1]. But no one came around to review it yet.
You are welcome to help out there.
Please also read [2] if you want to help contributing to Octave.

Markus

[1]: https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/?48774
[2]: https://wiki.octave.org/Developers