Quantcast

new line in plot title or axis label

Walter White
Hello,

is it possible to use multiple lines as plot title or axis labels?

I tried \n, which works in gnuplot, also \newline, \\n, \\newline, but none
of them works?

Can someone tell me how to get this to work?

Kind regards,

Walter

Re: new line in plot title or axis label

Michael Goffioul
On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 7:30 AM, Fritz Fischer
<[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> is it possible to use multiple lines as plot title or axis labels?
>
> I tried \n, which works in gnuplot, also \newline, \\n, \\newline, but none
> of them works?
>
> Can someone tell me how to get this to work?

AFAIK, this is not supported at the moment with FLTK/OpenGL.
If you really need multiline labels, you can probably emulate it
with multiple calls to "text" (one for each line) and put them at
the right location.

Michael.

Re: new line in plot title or axis label

bpabbott
On Oct 6, 2011, at 2:30 AM, Fritz Fischer wrote:

> Hello,
>
> is it possible to use multiple lines as plot title or axis labels?
>
> I tried \n, which works in gnuplot, also \newline, \\n, \\newline, but none
> of them works?
>
> Can someone tell me how to get this to work?
>
> Kind regards,
>
> Walter

This has recently been added to the developers sources, but is not included in the current 3.4.x series of releases.

Support for hard-copy output must be added as well.

Ben

Re: new line in plot title or axis label

Walter White
Hello,

ok, thanks for your answers.
I will try to work around this by using the
text() option for now.
Glad to hear that you are working on this.

Kind regards,
Walter