-norc or no-init-file for startup.m

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
Hi all,

Is there a way to start octave without autmatically executing the
startup.m fiel in the current directory?
for octavrc files we have norc and no-init-file...

In particular I want to make octave read my ~/.octaverc but not $(pwd)/startup.m

Cheers

Re: -norc or no-init-file for startup.m

Mike Miller-4
On Fri, Jul 20, 2018 at 15:28:05 +0200, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
> Is there a way to start octave without autmatically executing the
> startup.m fiel in the current directory?
> for octavrc files we have norc and no-init-file...
>
> In particular I want to make octave read my ~/.octaverc but not $(pwd)/startup.m

The logic for startup.m is entirely contained in the global octaverc
script, usually /usr/share/octave/${version}/m/startup/octaverc.

You can skip that entire startup script with --no-site-file.

Or you can edit that script and remove the section that runs startup.m.