octave 4.4.0 installation on Debian Jessie

octave 4.4.0 installation on Debian Jessie

mathkida
Dear list,I am using GNU Octave 4.2.0 (compiled from sources) on Debian
Jessie. I want to install the latest stable version Octave 4.4.0 now.  This
page <https://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Debian_systems>
(https://wiki.octave.org/Octave_for_Debian_systems) describes the procedure
to install octave on Debian 8 stable (Jessie) using sources (which I
downloaded). Is the page updated for the installation of version 4.4.0 ?
Before installing the latest version, I will remove the earlier Octave
version using "apt-get remove". Then using the information from the
mentioned page, I can install the new version. Am I correct? Any other
suggestion is welcome.Thanks for your guidance and help.--mathkida