octave and hardware

Meric Cansu Cinar
Hello,

I am trying to connect Octave with a hardware called AIM UHF antenna analyzer and also a software called AIM_910B. I want to scan frequencies of a crystal by using this software and hardware. For this purpose, I have a code that asks for scan limits and steps. So when I write this info to Matlab, it sends them to hardware and hardware sends them to its specific software and I can record the results. But in Octave, although the code seems to be okay, I can not connect the hardware with Octave. I tried serial function. But I didn´t work and I got this notification:error: serial: Error opening the interface. If you can help me, I would appreciate it.

Meriç Cansu Çınar
_