octave-audio Debian package obsolete?

Peter P.-2
Hi list,

it seems the Debian package octave-audio is deprecated. Are its
functions such as clip.m ausave.m auplot.m auload.m and au.m superseded
by the built-in audio functions or are they provided in another Debian
package (couldn't find one so far) or via forge? "pkg -forge list" does
not list an audio package.

Please excuse me if I have missed some information about this in the
past.

thanks! P

Re: octave-audio Debian package obsolete?

Mike Miller-4
On Mon, Sep 04, 2017 at 10:59:56 +0200, Peter P. wrote:
> it seems the Debian package octave-audio is deprecated. Are its
> functions such as clip.m ausave.m auplot.m auload.m and au.m superseded
> by the built-in audio functions or are they provided in another Debian
> package (couldn't find one so far) or via forge? "pkg -forge list" does
> not list an audio package.

Yes, the audio package is unmaintained and essentially obsoleted by the
audio support in Octave 4.0 and 4.2.

The clip function is now in the miscellaneous package, if you find it
useful.

The auload and ausave functions are replaced by audioread and
audiowrite.

I don't know of any replacements for au and auplot.