octave forge arduino package - repo request and status

octave forge arduino package - repo request and status

JohnD
I've been playing around with a old arduino uno I've had laying around
recently and started working on a functionality equivalent version of
the matlab arduino support package for octave. (ie: the functions are
available similar to the matlab documentation, but probably works
differently internally)

Currently the functionality allows:

* uploading a image to the arduino to communicate to the package using
the 'arduinosetup' which spawns the arduino IDE with code loaded.

* the analog and digital functions work

* basic i2cdev is working, but not fully tested

* basic spidev is there, but I have found tested it against any hardware yet

I'm planning on getting it to a first release state in the next couple
of weeks. Anyone have any interest in using it?

Also, can someone who has the permissions create a new hg 'arduino' repo
for it on octave forge ?

JohnD

Re: octave forge arduino package - repo request and status

Colin Macdonald-2
On 2018-06-17 01:05 PM, John Donoghue wrote:
> I'm planning on getting it to a first release state in the next couple
> of weeks. Anyone have any interest in using it?

Not in the short term, but next time I'm playing with an Arduino I'd
certainly like to try it!

Good luck,
Colin

Re: octave forge arduino package - repo request and status

Oliver Heimlich
On 17.06.2018 22:05, John Donoghue wrote:

> I've been playing around with a old arduino uno I've had laying around
> recently and started working on a functionality equivalent version of
> the matlab arduino support package for octave. (ie: the functions are
> available similar to the matlab documentation, but probably works
> differently internally)
>
> Currently the functionality allows:
>
> * uploading a image to the arduino to communicate to the package using
> the 'arduinosetup' which spawns the arduino IDE with code loaded.
>
> * the analog and digital functions work
>
> * basic i2cdev is working, but not fully tested
>
> * basic spidev is there, but I have found tested it against any hardware
> yet
>
> I'm planning on getting it to a first release state in the next couple
> of weeks. Anyone have any interest in using it?
>

> Also, can someone who has the permissions create a new hg 'arduino' repo
> for it on octave forge ?

Hi John, this sounds interesting and my Arduino is waiting for more
Octave integration ;-)

Can we have a look on the code that you already have prepared? If it
fulfills the formal requirements, I can prepare the new repository on
Octave Forge.

https://octave.sourceforge.io/common-requirements.php

Oliver

On 06/24/2018 05:09 PM, Oliver Heimlich wrote:
> have a look on the code that you already have prepared? If it
> fulfills the formal requirements, I can prepare the new repository on
> Octave Forge.

I put it into the patch tracker:
https://savannah.gnu.org/patch/index.php?9663

It is still a work in progress at the moment, and will require more work
before its at a point I would call ready for a proper release.

But someone else also taking a look at it and providing some feedback or
more would be more than welcome!