Quantcast

octave-forge dicom not working

sucablyat
I would like to get the dicom package from octave-forge to work on debian-jessie, octave 3.8.2.
Obviously to be able to load and analyze dicom files in octave.
So I installed libgdcm using the package manager, and in octave using pkg install -forge general image statistics symbolic miscellaneous several other packages. Then as indicated here I downloaded the snapshot version of dicom, and placed it in my pwd directory, and renamed the .zip-file to dicom.zip.
pkg install dicom.zip yields a new directory " octave" containing the .dic file and an information directory containing four .txt files. But no install or make file whatsoever.
Additionally, I get the error message " warning: load_path: ./octave-scripts: No such file or directory ".

After loading dicom package in octave, and trying out the dicomread function, I get:
"warning: the 'dicomread' function belongs to the image package from Octave Forge
but has not yet been implemented."

Hoping someone can help me further

Re: octave-forge dicom not working

Olaf Till-2
On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 02:41:46PM -0700, sucablyat wrote:
> I would like to get the dicom package from octave-forge to work on
> debian-jessie, octave 3.8.2.
> Obviously to be able to load and analyze dicom files in octave.
> So I installed libgdcm using the package manager, and in octave using *pkg
> install -forge general image statistics symbolic miscellaneous* several
> other packages. Then as indicated  here
> <http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/dicom-package-does-not-recognize-gdcm-package-on-which-it-is-dependend-td4668990.html>
> I downloaded the snapshot version of dicom, and placed it in my *pwd*

Downloading a snapshot version should not be necessary. The thread
you refer to is older than the last dicom release. You can install
dicom the same way as you installed the other packages.

Olaf