octave forge installation in windows 7 reg.

octave forge installation in windows 7 reg.

Sudharsan R (EEE)
Sir,

           I stalled Octave version 4.4.0 in my 64 Bit Windows 7 System. Is it possible to Install/add GNU Octave forge add on's in my system. Is there any manuals for that. Pls help me.

with regards

Sudharsan.R

Disclaimer : The information transmitted in this email, including attachments, is intended only for the person(s) or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Any views expressed in any message are those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy any copies of this information.

Re: octave forge installation in windows 7 reg.

PhilipNienhuis
Sudharsan R (EEE) wrote
> Sir,
>
> I stalled Octave version 4.4.0 in my 64 Bit Windows 7 System. Is it
> possible to Install/add GNU Octave forge add on's in my system. Is there
> any manuals for that. Pls help me.

Good question - is there a description of installation of the windows
installers in the manual?
There should be some on the wiki,  http://wiki.octave.org

Anyway if you've used the octave installer, many many octave-forge packages
have already been included.

Just do
"pkg list"
(without quotes) in the terminal and you'll see them listed.
To use a specific package, you have to load it first:

pkg load <package-name>

where package-name is just the name w/o the version appended, e.g.,

pkg load io

HTH,
Philip