[octave forge] new external package: matGeom

[octave forge] new external package: matGeom

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
Dear OF leaders,

I would like to submit my fork of matGeom[1] as a condidate for an
External Package at OF.
Geometry (a community package) extends the functionality of matGeom
and provides several matlab compatible geometric functions.
Without matGeom as a package discoverably by `pkg -forge`, the update
of geometry becomes problematic for the user.

This would also simplify the structure and reduce the size of the
current geometry package[2,3] (an overall increase in
maintainability).

Thank you for your consideration.

[1]: https://github.com/kakila/matGeom
[2]: current development branch
https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/geometry/ci/default/tree/ bookmark
`release` (SF web doesn't support bookmakrs)
[3]: simplified package
https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/geometry/ci/default/tree/ bookmark
`matgeom_separation` (SF web doesn't support bookmakrs)

Re: [octave forge] new external package: matGeom

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
Hi all,

I am pinging this request.

Thanks

On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 1:13 AM Juan Pablo Carbajal
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Dear OF leaders,
>
> I would like to submit my fork of matGeom[1] as a condidate for an
> External Package at OF.
> Geometry (a community package) extends the functionality of matGeom
> and provides several matlab compatible geometric functions.
> Without matGeom as a package discoverably by `pkg -forge`, the update
> of geometry becomes problematic for the user.
>
> This would also simplify the structure and reduce the size of the
> current geometry package[2,3] (an overall increase in
> maintainability).
>
> Thank you for your consideration.
>
> [1]: https://github.com/kakila/matGeom
> [2]: current development branch
> https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/geometry/ci/default/tree/ bookmark
> `release` (SF web doesn't support bookmakrs)
> [3]: simplified package
> https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/geometry/ci/default/tree/ bookmark
> `matgeom_separation` (SF web doesn't support bookmakrs)

Re: [octave forge] new external package: matGeom

Oliver Heimlich
On 08.11.18 17:57, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am pinging this request.
>
> Thanks
>
> On Wed, Oct 24, 2018 at 1:13 AM Juan Pablo Carbajal
> <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Dear OF leaders,
>>
>> I would like to submit my fork of matGeom[1] as a condidate for an
>> External Package at OF.
>> Geometry (a community package) extends the functionality of matGeom
>> and provides several matlab compatible geometric functions.
>> Without matGeom as a package discoverably by `pkg -forge`, the update
>> of geometry becomes problematic for the user.
>>
>> This would also simplify the structure and reduce the size of the
>> current geometry package[2,3] (an overall increase in
>> maintainability).
>>
>> Thank you for your consideration.
>>
>> [1]: https://github.com/kakila/matGeom
>> [2]: current development branch
>> https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/geometry/ci/default/tree/ bookmark
>> `release` (SF web doesn't support bookmakrs)
>> [3]: simplified package
>> https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/geometry/ci/default/tree/ bookmark
>> `matgeom_separation` (SF web doesn't support bookmakrs)
Hi Juan,

I think that this is a good solution to the maintainability problem you
described earlier on this list.

Please go ahead, we can add matGeom as an external package.

Best Oliver

P.S. Sorry for my late response. I had a lot of personal stuff going on
in my free time lately, leaving less time for Octave.

Re: [octave forge] new external package: matGeom

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
Hi Oliver,

Do not worry about delays.

I might be missing something, but I do not think I can set external
repos, or can I? Instructions somewhere?

Thanks

On 14.11.18 03:23, Juan Pablo Carbajal wrote:
> Hi Oliver,
>
> Do not worry about delays.
>
> I might be missing something, but I do not think I can set external
> repos, or can I? Instructions somewhere?
>
> Thanks

Hi Juan,

I have set up a repository for the new external package

https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/matgeom/

Now you should be able to push your fork there.

Best
Oliver

Re: [octave forge] new external package: matGeom

Juan Pablo Carbajal-2
Awesome, thanks! Will report when the first release is ready to be reviewed.