octave forge secs1d, 2d, 3d repos

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

octave forge secs1d, 2d, 3d repos

JohnD

I was just looking though some of the octave forge packages and notices that
the links to the repos for secs1d, 2d, 3d packages gives a error 404


Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: octave forge secs1d, 2d, 3d repos

Carlo de Falco-2

> On 21 Jul 2017, at 14:14, JohnD <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
> I was just looking though some of the octave forge packages and notices that
> the links to the repos for secs1d, 2d, 3d packages gives a error 404
>

Hi,
what links? those packages are now here: https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/secs/ci/default/tree/
c.



Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

RE: octave forge secs1d, 2d, 3d repos

JohnD


> -----Original Message-----
> From: Carlo De Falco [mailto:[hidden email]]
> Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 9:11 AM
> To: JohnD
> Cc: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: octave forge secs1d, 2d, 3d repos
>
>
> > On 21 Jul 2017, at 14:14, JohnD <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >
> > I was just looking though some of the octave forge packages and
> > notices that the links to the repos for secs1d, 2d, 3d packages gives
> > a error 404
> >
>
> Hi,
> what links? those packages are now here:
> https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/secs/ci/default/tree/
> c.
>

I was clicking on the repository link for them from
https://octave.sourceforge.io/packages.php, which attempts to open
https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/secs1d/ etc




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: octave forge secs1d, 2d, 3d repos

Carlo de Falco-2

> On 21 Jul 2017, at 21:09, JohnD <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
>
>
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: Carlo De Falco [mailto:[hidden email]]
>> Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 9:11 AM
>> To: JohnD
>> Cc: [hidden email]
>> Subject: Re: octave forge secs1d, 2d, 3d repos
>>
>>
>>> On 21 Jul 2017, at 14:14, JohnD <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>
>>>
>>> I was just looking though some of the octave forge packages and
>>> notices that the links to the repos for secs1d, 2d, 3d packages gives
>>> a error 404
>>>
>>
>> Hi,
>> what links? those packages are now here:
>> https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/secs/ci/default/tree/
>> c.
>>
>
> I was clicking on the repository link for them from
> https://octave.sourceforge.io/packages.php, which attempts to open
> https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/secs1d/ etc


Oh, I see, thanks for noting this.

I don't know how to change those links.
They were recently added and don't
seem to be controlled from the package itself.

B.T.W. I see other links are probably wrong...
I don't think for external packages such as, e.g., LTFAT
or ODEPKG the link should be pointing at the sourceforge
clone, but rather at the actual development repository.


c.




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: octave forge secs1d, 2d, 3d repos

Olaf Till-2
On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 10:13:55PM +0200, Carlo de Falco wrote:

>
> > On 21 Jul 2017, at 21:09, JohnD <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> >
> >
> >> -----Original Message-----
> >> From: Carlo De Falco [mailto:[hidden email]]
> >> Sent: Friday, July 21, 2017 9:11 AM
> >> To: JohnD
> >> Cc: [hidden email]
> >> Subject: Re: octave forge secs1d, 2d, 3d repos
> >>
> >>
> >>> On 21 Jul 2017, at 14:14, JohnD <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >>>
> >>>
> >>> I was just looking though some of the octave forge packages and
> >>> notices that the links to the repos for secs1d, 2d, 3d packages gives
> >>> a error 404
> >>>
> >>
> >> Hi,
> >> what links? those packages are now here:
> >> https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/secs/ci/default/tree/
> >> c.
> >>
> >
> > I was clicking on the repository link for them from
> > https://octave.sourceforge.io/packages.php, which attempts to open
> > https://sourceforge.net/p/octave/secs1d/ etc
>
>
> Oh, I see, thanks for noting this.
>
> I don't know how to change those links.
We assume that there is one repository per package. So you could
e.g. combine these packages into a single 'secs' package and provide a
single package-html.

> They were recently added and don't
> seem to be controlled from the package itself.
>
> B.T.W. I see other links are probably wrong...
> I don't think for external packages such as, e.g., LTFAT
> or ODEPKG the link should be pointing at the sourceforge
> clone, but rather at the actual development repository.

Except for the link based on the Url: field in DESCRIPTION, there
should only be internal links included, since only of these locations
we have direct information, so we can keep the web site consistent.

Olaf

--
public key id EAFE0591, e.g. on x-hkp://pool.sks-keyservers.net

signature.asc (836 bytes) Download Attachment
Loading...