octconf2017 food prices

Doug Stewart-4
I have my room booked at CERN and now i want to know how much
CHF money I should bring.

 How much per day will food cost me?

 How much for a buss ride from the airport to CERN?

Thanks for hosting us.
Doug
DASCertificate for 206392

Re: octconf2017 food prices

Andrea Latina
Hi Doug,

How much you will spend on food, depends on how much you will want to eat. ;-)

Anyway: A normal lunch at CERN costs about 15 CHF, inclusive of one coffee and one delicious dessert.

A bus ride from the airport to CERN is free of charge, if you take a ticket at the vending machine in the baggage claim area.  Should you miss that vending machine, a ticket will cost you 3.00 CHF. https://genevalunch.com/guides/travel/the-cheerful-traveler-geneva-airport-public-transport/

Looking forward to welcoming you all at CERN!

Andrea

On 14 February 2017 at 16:34, Doug Stewart <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have my room booked at CERN and now i want to know how much
CHF money I should bring.

 How much per day will food cost me?

 How much for a buss ride from the airport to CERN?

Thanks for hosting us.
Doug
--
DASCertificate for 206392

Re: octconf2017 food prices

Dmitri A. Sergatskov
My rule-of-thumb for Switzerland is that food is about 2x more expensive than in USA.
Here is something more scientific:

https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Geneva

Dmitri.