odepkg gone on octaveforge?

atcl
Hi,

on the package page of octave forge
( https://octave.sourceforge.io/packages.php ) I cannot find the
"odepkg". It is neither in the active or unmaintained section. The only
place the term odepkg appears is in the credits. What happened to odepkg
or is this just an mistake?

Thanks

Christian

Re: odepkg gone on octaveforge?

jbect
Le 30/08/2017 à 13:07, ch a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> on the package page of octave forge
> ( https://octave.sourceforge.io/packages.php ) I cannot find the
> "odepkg". It is neither in the active or unmaintained section. The only
> place the term odepkg appears is in the credits. What happened to odepkg
> or is this just an mistake?
>
> Thanks
>
> Christian

Here is a recent thread that should answer (at least partly) your question:

http://octave.1599824.n4.nabble.com/Odepkg-td4684249.html

@++
Julien

Re: odepkg gone on octaveforge?

Carlo de Falco-2

> On 30 Aug 2017, at 13:07, ch <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> on the package page of octave forge
> ( https://octave.sourceforge.io/packages.php ) I cannot find the
> "odepkg". It is neither in the active or unmaintained section. The only
> place the term odepkg appears is in the credits. What happened to odepkg
> or is this just an mistake?
>
> Thanks
>
> Christian

Hi,

Development of odepkg is going on here:

  https://bitbucket.org/odepkg/odepkg/src

There has been some recent progress thanks to help in testing by Thomas Dean,
but there are still some issues especially with inline documentation, as you
can see from another thread I just started on this list.

If you'd like to try out the current version of the package you can get it as follows:

  [fname, success] = urlwrite ("https://bitbucket.org/odepkg/odepkg/get/default.tar.gz", fullfile (P_tmpdir, "odepkg.tar.gz"));
  assert (success)
  pkg ("install", fname)

this assumes you are using a release version of Octave, if you are using a development snapshot, you shoud use the following instead

  [fname, success] = urlwrite ("https://bitbucket.org/odepkg/odepkg/get/default.tar.gz", fullfile (P_tmpdir, "odepkg.tar.gz"));
  assert (success)
  pkg ("install", fname)

if you do test, feedback is very welcome.
c.

Re: odepkg gone on octaveforge?

Carlo de Falco-2

> On 3 Sep 2017, at 19:16, Carlo De Falco <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> this assumes you are using a release version of Octave, if you are using a development snapshot, you shoud use the following instead
>
>  [fname, success] = urlwrite ("https://bitbucket.org/odepkg/odepkg/get/default.tar.gz", fullfile (P_tmpdir, "odepkg.tar.gz"));
>  assert (success)
>  pkg ("install", fname)

oops sorry, the above should have been: