print -S option adds whitespace

APoyneer
Hello all,

I'm trying to generate a set of PNG images of a specific size (124x92 px).
When I use the following command:

print('-dpng','-r16','foo.png')

it seems to work most of the time with certain plots, and almost never with
others. For some reason it randomly varies between my target size and 128x96
px. According to the docs, the '-S' option should fix it, but there seems to
be a minimum image size below which Octave embeds my image on a white
background of about 560x415 px. Is there a better way to do this?

Many thanks!

Re: print -S option adds whitespace

Andreas Weber-6
Dear APoyneer,

Am 02.08.2018 um 21:00 schrieb APoyneer:

> it seems to work most of the time with certain plots, and almost never with
> others. For some reason it randomly varies between my target size and 128x96

What OS, GNU Octave version and graphics_toolkit do you use?

Please also add a complete script (for example plotting a sin wave)
which reproduces the problem on your setup.

-- Andy